By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Justice League - 17 November 2017

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand shocker it's a pile of shit. Getting awful reviews.

Around the Network
Turkish said: 

DCEU>>>>MCU 💪💪💪💪💪💪

What's the 'E' stand for?

Besides, not hard to win really, no mutants, no Marvel.

Not bias at all, honest.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:

No Green Lantern, Aqua-man isn't blonde or have a hook for a hand (plus Namor is cooler). What's the point?

I will see this but in no rush.

What is with DC trying to make Cyborg a thing too? Since their reboot he's like a big deal yet. Is odd.

It already felt it could be crowded, and Green Lantern is only one outside Superman and Batman who had recent solo movie when they started making Justice League. I do hope he appears in Justice League 2 (I'd guess Hal Jordan version),

Aquaman casting is divisive to some, I don't mind it, but I like Momoa.  The hook for a hand hasn't been true for a while in the comics, it could be part of a storyline for him in his solo movie..

Cyborg will always be a Titan to me, along with Nightwing, Starfire, Raven, Beastboy and others.

Nymeria said:

It already felt it could be crowded, and Green Lantern is only one outside Superman and Batman who had recent solo movie when they started making Justice League. I do hope he appears in Justice League 2 (I'd guess Hal Jordan version),

Aquaman casting is divisive to some, I don't mind it, but I like Momoa.  The hook for a hand hasn't been true for a while in the comics, it could be part of a storyline for him in his solo movie..

Cyborg will always be a Titan to me, along with Nightwing, Starfire, Raven, Beastboy and others.

The Green Lantern thing makes sense, he's tainted though because of that film. Maybe they should try John Stewart (because of the cartoon) or Alan Scott because he was the first). No one really likes Kyle really. :P

Cyborg is Teen Titans to me also, in DC and Marvel it's always nice for characters to stay part of 'their' franchise, even if they do age. The New Mutants have never really made their way into the X-men properly. Justice and Firestar are New Warriors at heart, not Avengers. Man, would love a New Warriors film with Night Thrasher as the leader, recruiting other young heroes to form a team.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
Nymeria said:

The Green Lantern thing makes sense, he's tainted though because of that film. Maybe they should try John Stewart (because of the cartoon) or Alan Scott because he was the first). No one really likes Kyle really. :P

Cyborg is Teen Titans to me also, in DC and Marvel it's always nice for characters to stay part of 'their' franchise, even if they do age. The New Mutants have never really made their way into the X-men properly. Justice and Firestar are New Warriors at heart, not Avengers. Man, would love a New Warriors film with Night Thrasher as the leader, recruiting other young heroes to form a team.

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/New_Warriors_(TV_series)

I don't see that happening given the television series due out next year. 

Around the Network
Nymeria said:

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/New_Warriors_(TV_series)

I don't see that happening given the television series due out next year. 

I'd heard about them making it as a TV series but...  this isn't right. That's wrong all over.

Mr Immortal is literally a joke character. So were all the Great Lake Avengers.

Plus the Squirrel Girl retcon was just stupid. Mutant and proud, remember. Stupid Marvel/Disney.

Hmm, pie.

Nymeria said:
Predictions

Box Office:
1,000,000,000 total
400,000,000 domestic
600,000,000 international
120,000,000 US Open Weekend

Rotten Tomatoes
60% Critic
90% Fan

Actual

Box Office
96,000,000 US Open Weekend (-24,000,000 from prediction)

Rotten Tomatoes
39% Critic (-21 from prediction)
85% Fan (-5 from prediction)

Overall I enjoyed the movie despite some pacing and tonal issue largely stemming from shift in director and studio mandate to get it to 2 hours. I think this is sort of a soft reboot for DC seeing what worked with Wonder Woman and issues with Batman v Superman.

Highlights: Wonder Woman and Superman behaving like themselves and being awesome
Lowlights: Generic plot keeping this from being something special
Mixed Feelings: Aquaman, Cyborg, and Flash all needed time or solo projects to develop them.

I give it a solid 7/10 with hopefully promise of great things to come. I fully admit to wanting to own it just so I can rewatch Wonder Woman steal the show (the hostage scene alone).

In terms of financials, I overestimated the first Justice League as apparent Warner Bros. rushed to get here and burned capital with audiences.  Now looks to bee $800,000,000 rather than billion I thought it could be.

After having some time to process this movie, I will be passing on purchasing the blu ray of it.

To me it feels like an anime original ending to a series.

Base don tracking...I was way off on my 1,000,000,000 total gross prediction. Guessing now 700,000,000 making a shortfall of 300,000,000. There is no way to sugarcoat that a Justice League movie should have been a bigger deal. Crazy to think Wonder Woman alone will outperform the entire Justice League (which she is part of). Least I have her and her inevitable sequel to fall back on.