By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ResetEra - The New Neogaf

I wonder what happened to GeoNaf.

Around the Network

wait paid email? lmao I can't see myself ever paying for an email. People really got paid emails just to join that site?

I'm cringing.

Kerotan said:

So ResetEra is a new forum that will be set up to replace gaf by old members.  It will be interesting to see where this goes.  

I heard you will need a paid email to join.  Is this true? If it is I can't ever really see it taking off. 

As long as gaf is up and running resetera or any shoot off won’t take off. In a year Gaf will back at the top and no one will be talking about recent events and the offshoots will have been forgotten.

on top of all that I can’t see this industry building a gaf competitor basically over night. Also I don’t know anyone with a paid email address, so good luck there.

SegataSanshiro said:
This isn't 2003 anymore. Who still uses a paid email?

You can get it in certain companies and schools. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

LOL the salt here are strong,I hope I don't have to wait as much as before to get accepted again,and more focused in games and less in politics

loy310 said:
Kerotan said:

So ResetEra is a new forum that will be set up to replace gaf by old members.  It will be interesting to see where this goes.  

I heard you will need a paid email to join.  Is this true? If it is I can't ever really see it taking off. 

As long as gaf is up and running resetera or any shoot off won’t take off. In a year Gaf will back at the top and no one will be talking about recent events and the offshoots will have been forgotten.

on top of all that I can’t see this industry building a gaf competitor basically over night. Also I don’t know anyone with a paid email address, so good luck there.

what made neogaf popular are it's dedicated power users, they provide most of the content/discussion

imo if a critical portion of the power users migrate to resetera neogaf will lose it's status pretty quickly, as 99.9% of users just don't have the creativity/dedication/charm to attract people to the site on a daily basis

I use my company e-mail

Metallox said:
SegataSanshiro said:
This isn't 2003 anymore. Who still uses a paid email?

You can get it in certain companies and schools. 

Probably explains how gad ended up an elitist hive mind. It was never truly inclusive or open to everyone. 

Only a sunset of society. 

Onlyasuntt

I dont know if a new forum with the same members will lead to a different result.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988