By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NEW METROID 3 SCREENS PRIMED AND OOOOOOH BOOOOOY!!

ZZetaAlec said:
these are not 'NEW' screens, these are shots from a trailer which was made before the visuals are said to have had an overhaul. This trailer in motion has been on the internet for ages.

I was hoping that was the case as well, but a lot of stuff in those pictures don't show up in the trailer, like the purple girl and Samus apparently swinging herself in midair with her grapple beam.

Probably just an amateur cameraman shooting a moving screen though. 

Around the Network

Well, I wasn't expecting much. But if this were a game that was supposedly to look better than anything out. But, meh.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Diomedes1976 said:
Just my two cents ;I highly doubt this game will look a lot better than Halo 2 .In fact ,I think if it looks as good as Halo 2 it should be happy and wii users should be happy .

Why exactly should wii users be happy if it looks as good as a game that was released coming on 3 years ago with older hardware?  Because that doesn't sound positive to me.

More likely to me is that you are implying the wii hardware is "last gen" yet again, which is an obvious fallacy.  How much power the wii has is debatable, but you guys need to stop implying the original xbox had more power since at best the arguments in favour of that idea are weak, if not entirely incorrect.

I'll respect your opinion, but as for me, if it doesn't look better visually than the best "last gen" FPS, I'll be disappointed.  Saying that, I don't expect to be disappointed since in general Nintendo has lived up to my expectations.

I've found the actual screens here...

http://www.nintendolife.com/games/wii/metroid_prime_3_corruption/screenshots

Not much of a step up from the Gamecube.  I was expecting much better than this.  Although I do think it will move like a dream though.

Surely they're not happy to compare a new game for the Wii with a game that was released 3 years ago? 

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Actually come to think about it....graphically I've seen better on the PS2 like 3 years ago.

They really need to up the graphics a good few notches.  It needs to look better than last gen.  Currently, this looks like it came out 3-4 years ago! 

Around the Network

those pics are very POOR quaility. i'm not worried about it. i'm not worried about how the game looks in still pics. just how it looks when it plays. i'm going to buy it regardless to complete the trilogy so it doesn't make a difference. but every still pic i've seen so far hasn't done the game any justice. i want to see it in action!

So long as it looks as good as MP1/2 and plays as well I will be happy with my $50 purchase. If Gears of War looked like this it still would have been a killer title. Graphics don't make the game.

I don't know about that one...I'm fine with Metroid having only slightly better graphics than the previous ones, but there's plenty of people that expect more, and plenty of people who bought Gears of War because people told them how awesome it looked.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I've linked to the proper pics.....so you can make a judgement.

The game might be great, but in all seriousnes, it does look totally last gen....actually, it looks 3-4 years ago!

ZZetaAlec said:
these are not 'NEW' screens, these are shots from a trailer which was made before the visuals are said to have had an overhaul. This trailer in motion has been on the internet for ages.

Yep these are totally old pics. Make a real post when something actually new comes. Video would be preferable.