By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NEW METROID 3 SCREENS PRIMED AND OOOOOOH BOOOOOY!!

Just my two cents ;I highly doubt this game will look a lot better than Halo 2 .In fact ,I think if it looks as good as Halo 2 it should be happy and wii users should be happy .

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
It doesnt look very good ...I mean ,it looks very good for a Game Cube game but in the face of games like Haze ,Unreal 3 ,Gears of War ,Call of Duty 4 ,Killzone 2 ...hell even in the face of Resistence and Halo 3 it doesnt look very good .

And you know how Killzone looks how?

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Meh, not great but because of how pixelated those are I'm almost positive someone downgraded them. For example, given BMP images and made them JPEG, offsetting much of the quality. The older screens look better. I'm not too worried. With how great the SSBB screens look (and Samus looks in those screens) I have no doubt that these screens are not what the final game will look like.

Parokki said:
I'm honestly getting a bit worried. We've been told the games has been through a complete overhaul graphically, and that it looks way better than Halo 2, but these screenshots look absolutely awful. Of course anything would look horrible with pictures of this quality, and SD shots never look as good on a computer screen as on TV. I hope Nintendo releases a proper trailer soon.

Aren't most TVs 480i, or something along those lines. Also, I think computer screen resolution is normally either 1024 x 768 or 1280 x 1024, so as it doesn't take up the whole screen, I would assume there isn't much difference in quality. In reference to the screenshots, they do look pretty terrible, even GT4 on the PS2 looks better then that IMO.

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

Another Gamecube port to the Wii confirmed!!! But seriously, we should wait for video of the game to judge or at least better shots...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Post the screens on here for things like this

Those look like they were photographed from a screen. Notice the blur effects on most of the images? That leads me to believe that they were taken by some idiot who turned off the flash and didn't know how to make his camera compensate for the slow shutter speed. That would explain why they look like complete trash.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

MP3 Trailer from November : http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=15092&type=mov&pl=game

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

these are not 'NEW' screens, these are shots from a trailer which was made before the visuals are said to have had an overhaul. This trailer in motion has been on the internet for ages.

those look like gamecube quality, and some of you have said thats what it will end up being in the end, a litle bit above GC standards but graphics arent everything and the most important thing is how will it control, if its good then who cares about the graphics if you want graphics buy a 360 or ps3 not a wii