By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So I am playing Persona 5..

Hiku said:
Ultr said:
 I mean everything on the screen is moving at the same time.

No it's not.
Can you show us examples of what it is you're refering to?

Ultr said:
When I am walking through a door they implemented thousands of animations just for the door transition.

You mean this?

That's a loading screen. Not UI.
And that's one animation. Not thousands.

This is Persona 4's loading screen:

It's also one animation. But just a spinning card.
I prefer one that shows you something relavant to the situation (People walking in a bustling city, etc) so you're not taken out of the moment while waiting for the screen to finish loading.

In the dungeons the whole screen is moving at all times

Again, no it doesn't. Neither "the whole screen", nor "the whole time". Can you show us what you actually mean without hyperbole because I can't understand what it is you're talking about?

and even the edges of the screen have a pattern on a pattern that are both moving!

A pattern on a pattern at the edges of the screen?

Where?

Dude, I have literally no idea about what you're talking about ragerding anything you said in this topic. I'm not joking or being sarcastic at all.
Please show us examples.
Nothing except this:

every menu has thousands of different animations and pictures just cause..there is no reason!!

exactely there you have this pattern on the side that is constantly moving around and when kamoshida shows up another pattern appears outside of that pattern. its like a pattern in a pattern everything is moving.

The other thing that I mean is when you open a door. The screen is painted black and Joker jumps into the picture and jumps out of the picture, and the black screen behind starts wobbling.
All I am doing is going through a door xD

Around the Network
Hiku said:
Ultr said:

exactely there you have this pattern on the side that is constantly moving around and when kamoshida shows up another pattern appears outside of that pattern. its like a pattern in a pattern everything is moving.

Saying "exactly there" doesn't pinpoint it.
Where exactly is it? Are you talking about the mini-map? If so, it moves to show you where you are in the dungeon.

The other thing that I mean is when you open a door. The screen is painted black and Joker jumps into the picture and jumps out of the picture, and the black screen behind starts wobbling.
All I am doing is going through a door xD

That's a loading screen.
They don't always happen though.

So are you saying that you prefer loading screens that are just black and show a spinning icon at the bottom right?

As for "the whole screen" is moving "the whole time" it sounds like you're looking at a endless loop of this gif:

...that loading screen when he jumps haha because its just out of place, to me at least. I mean I am walking through a door..

The gif that you posted there the sides. they are constantly moving. Then when you get to a scripted scene another pattern appears just outside of that pattern. Wich is a chore, at least to my eyes... xD
If you stay still in a dungeon you can see that the whole screen is actualy constantly warping around. Hence why I said the whole screen.

And yeah I also mean that the Menu is hugely overdone. but heeey that may just be me. thats why I asked in the first place :)

P5 UI is one of the best UIs in gaming history. Just saying. I just love it, it's fucking stylish.

This is some Jim Sterling level of gaming criticism right here.

Shaunodon said:
This is some Jim Sterling level of gaming criticism right here.

Not really, Jim Sterling had way better criticism

Around the Network
Hiku said:

As for "the whole screen is moving the whole time" it sounds like you're looking at a endless loop of this gif:

xD

What is this from?

Hiku said:
The gif that you posted there the sides. they are constantly moving. Then when you get to a scripted scene another pattern appears just outside of that pattern. Wich is a chore, at least to my eyes... xD

I still don't know what you mean. There are a lot of things "on the sides" like the mini map, the button prompts, etc. You need to be more specific.
Why not tell me which side I should look at? What color should I look for? What does the pattern look like? Can you crop out an image that focuses on what you're refering to? Etc.

How do you not know what he is talking about? Either you are acting as though you can't see how the sides are moving or you are one of those people who have a hard time understanding what others are talking about. I'm pretty sure you don't have a case of Forum Aspergers. It is so close to impossible to not see that there are constantly moving sides in the gif that you yourself posted which leads me to think you are just acting as though you can't see it for some childish reason. I mean seriously...the sides are moving, why would you try and convince someone that you can't see that? Do you have no self-respect?

I´m also playing it.

It´s an excellent game and its art style is definetely cool, but I do agree with you. Sometimes less is more. Sometimes there is too many animations on the interface and the menu is not always very clear.

I think it´s the type of thing you either love or hate. I found its UI more confusing than, for example, Tokyo Mirage Sessions UI, which also has many animations and is very colorful, but it feels very easy to use and to identify items on screen.

Anyway..... I somewhat adapted to it while playing, because all the rest about this game is amazing, from its gameplay to soundtrack .

I agree, I think it's a mess. I'm finding the entire game to be fairly disappointing actually.

Hiku said:

First of all, if you read further down in that same post you'll see that I pointed out the green boarders in the same post. So no, I was clearly not trying to act as if I couldn't see it for two additional seconds. Is that a motive that even seems plausible to you?
If that was the case I would either not have pointed it out myself just two sentences below without any additional instructions from him whatsoever as to where I could find it. Or I would have deleted the former statement in that same post because it became redundant just two sentances later. And I did consider deleting it.

I had already read further down the post. I had also read your previous posts where you act as though you don't know what he is talking about. That is a motive that seems plausible to me considering your defensive manner towards P5. You asked, then asked again, about the sides of the screen that consistantly moved when they were CLEARLY moving. It wasn't until the third time that you mentioned noticing the moving sides as if to say they aren't a bother at all because the game is so great. Under this type of thought process one could just say, "Oh I don't notice it at all, don't know what you are talking about!", when really, they do notice it but don't want to give any points towards a view that would oppose P5 in any manner.

If you couldn't actually see the gifs or could only see them as still-frames, then I apologize, but it seems awfully clear that you intentionally evaded acknowledging the presence of the morphing sides to accomplish the thought that the moving sides weren't bothersome. The moving sides were quite clearly moving, no way anyone could have mistaken that or misinterpreted. But if all you could see was a still-frame then again, I apologize.