By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Official Nintendo Software Performance Thread (Switch)

killeryoshis said:
I cannot wait until Mario Odyssey comes out so we can see some comparisons. My money is that it will do better than Mario Galaxy.

It has a shot at becoming the best-selling 3D Mario game.

Around the Network

ARMS is up.

That was a tricky one. There is no clear convention or general consensus about determining fighter sub-genres; let's say we have:

• Arena Fighters: Pokken Tournament, ARMS, Punch-Out!!
  • Platform Fighters: Ultra Street Fighter II, Tekken 7, Marvel VS Capcom series, Blazblue, Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct
  • Party Brawlers: Super Smash Bros series, Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Lucky enough, Nintendo had two other series to draw comparisons from. Feel free to ask me if you want Smash Bros to be added, but lemme warn you: it destroys ARMS in a very unfashionable way.

Tagging

Super Mario Odyssey, First of Its Name, Breaker of Records and Father of Platforming is now up.

Graph will of course be updated when Odyssey releases. I chose Galaxy, Galaxy 2 and 3D Land for the graph because 3D World will be no match and 64 can't be added.

Next up, Xenoblade.

Jesus christ Nintendo...

Around the Network

You should put abbreviations for the Mario games or something. Otherwise it is kind of hard to read the names.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

killeryoshis said:
You should put abbreviations for the Mario games or something. Otherwise it is kind of hard to read the names.

You mean, the games crunched in the table? Because Mario Kart and Zelda should be changed as well.

If you're talking about the graph, I can't help on that. VGC won't let me use abbreviations for the chart legend and labels.

It'd be a good idea to have a column on the chart that compares the games in sales directly in the same time period instead of just LTD, as the graph isn't always easy to read which one is leading and by how much.

Overall though, great thread.

guiduc said:
killeryoshis said:

You mean, the games crunched in the table? Because Mario Kart and Zelda should be changed as well.

If you're talking about the graph, I can't help on that. VGC won't let me use abbreviations for the chart legend and labels.

I was talking about the names on the graph.  Also you using VGC explains that wierd graph labels.  

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

The graphs could stand to be cleaned up a bit. Would it be possible to export the data to excel and then copy, paste a graph from there?

Regardless, fantastic idea for a thread and I am definitely tagging.