By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - NeoGAF in shambles (now back, no OT discussion, statement from Evilore)

John2290 said:
From what I am reading and have learned of the site, this is fantastiv news. One less place for these filthy SJW, californian smug game journos and developers to get together in numbers and signal what good human beings they are at one another and how progressive they are in the real world. Hopefully less social justice in the industry now, one can hope.

Don't worry, no one will call you progressive :D

Around the Network

Neogaf was THE number one source of reliable gaming informations, and the moderation made sure that hate posts were banned.

So completely unlike vgchartz...

PEEPer0nni said:
JamesGarret said:

NeoGaf is (was?)  full of SJWs.

Wow you're so cool and hip. So is Vgchartz by a nazi standard. 

Getting offended by the mere mention of "sjw", then instantly referencing nazi's? that's gotta be a meme by now surely.

Been a user there for almost 13 years. They were mean to me before but I never got banned.

It was quite fun, I understand that they have been pretty brutal to some people, but I'm not exactly happy about this.

Thankfully I go to plenty of game forums, and this one is my favorite :)

On one hand I liked the site for news and info, on the other hand the overall oppression of some rather sensible middle of the road posts was always bizarre. I always made sure what I posted was vetted a few times before I clicked post.

There were indeed some very vocal and weird people on that site. I like discussion, sometimes you say something, and then someone posts a reply and you change your stance potentially, thats what a discussion is all about, but it was mainly hate from some of the users there and they were allowed to continue doing it.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

A forum of basket cases which was founded by a basket case is now imploding? Who would have thought.

Well... you lay in the bed you made, i guess.

Like, i am not posting on this forum because of the guy that owns it. Actually, he is often a detriment as he doesn't have motivation to keep working on the site (as far as i know).

With that said, i guess he hasn't committed sexual assault. But i would wait for the court to rule before making my judgement.

PEEPer0nni said:
Too bad. The only site that I could read for hours because the threads were so large. Now I will be forced to read sites filled with reactionary anti-semitic conspiracy nuts who think they're original because they're anti-sjw (I cringed when I wrote this) even tough everyone on the internet has the same views as them. Ugh.

Yeah. I wasn't a member of GAF, but it was nice to read up on news on a gaming forum that wasn't 100% percent toxic. Without all the GGers, alt-righters and hardcore console zealotry. It was never gonna last with Evilore having that cloud over his head though. I have a feeling some of the members will just make a new spiritual successor.

BOLLOCKS said:
VGChartz > NeoGaf

Well, the former exists. The later one, not anymore.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Wyrdness said:
A forum of basket cases which was founded by a basket case is now imploding? Who would have thought.

The sheer amount of hate on the Switch january conference by the Sony diehards on that site was truly something to behold.