By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Exec Responds To Claims That Microsoft Has Too Few Exclusives In 2017

poroporo said:

PS4 exclusives for 2017/2018/TBA: 33
XB1 exclusives for 2017/2018/TBA : 6

Exclusives not coming on windows/mobile/other platform.

XB1: Air Guitar Warrior, Candleman, Lilith-M, Natsuki Chronicle, Students of the Round 2, ZAZEN.

PS4: A-Train ExpressUntitled Arika fighting game, BugsBox, City Shrouded in ShadowComet Crash 2Crash Bandicoot N. Sane TrilogyDark Rose ValkyrieDays GoneDeath StrandingDetroit: Become HumanDissidia Final Fantasy NTDJMax RespectDrawn to DeathDreamsEarth Defense Force 5Earth Defense Force: Iron RainEverybody's GolfFallen Legion: Sins of an Empire, Fist of the North Star, Frantics, Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank MatchGod of WarGodling, Gran Turismo SportGravity Rush 2Gundam Versus, Hidden AgendaHorizon Zero DawnThe InpatientKingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 RemixKingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter PrologueKnack 2The Last of Us Part II 

You probably forgot a few titles here and there... but yeah this paints the picture.

PS4 is basically getting 5-6 times as many, and higher quality titled exclusives.

Theres no way for MS to come out and say "our lineup is looking amasing", when thats just not true.

Nintendo has some really high quality exclusives comeing too, while Xbox at this point just feels like its a mutli-plat only box.

Around the Network

Lol.... the delusion is real with Microsoft. Microsoft must pay them big bucks to deny reality. Haha.... she knows dead rising 4 will be on the ps4 and so will pubg. With this fortnite issue it might be sooner.

This year has been absolutely terrible for Xbox Exclusives. There wasn't one single exclusive that has come out or that will come out this year that I want to play. I don't think that has ever happened in the entire time I've gamed on the Xbox. 

Rumor? Not sure you can classify Xbox having a lack of exclusives as a "rumor"

poroporo said:

PS4 exclusives for 2017/2018/TBA: 33
XB1 exclusives for 2017/2018/TBA : 6

Exclusives not coming on windows/mobile/other platform.

XB1: Air Guitar WarriorCandleman, Lilith-M, Natsuki Chronicle, Students of the Round 2, ZAZEN.

PS4: A-Train ExpressUntitled Arika fighting game, BugsBox, City Shrouded in ShadowComet Crash 2Crash Bandicoot N. Sane TrilogyDark Rose ValkyrieDays GoneDeath StrandingDetroit: Become HumanDissidia Final Fantasy NTDJMax RespectDrawn to DeathDreamsEarth Defense Force 5Earth Defense Force: Iron RainEverybody's GolfFallen Legion: Sins of an Empire, Fist of the North Star, Frantics, Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank MatchGod of WarGodling, Gran Turismo SportGravity Rush 2Gundam Versus, Hidden AgendaHorizon Zero DawnThe InpatientKingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 RemixKingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter PrologueKnack 2The Last of Us Part II 

Does it come with an air guitar peripheral?

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:

This year has been absolutely terrible for Xbox Exclusives. There wasn't one single exclusive that has come out or that will come out this year that I want to play. I don't think that has ever happened in the entire time I've gamed on the Xbox. 

Similar things have happened before with Xbox. When the first party output for new ips is under par it would be expected that they struggle if they can't get third party. I mean look at the first year of Xbox, which was pretty much reliant on games like ryse, dead rising and titanfall. Their original Xbox was essentially on life support via PC exclusives and sega games. None of their first party outside of halo, pgr and fable made the cut into the 360 era.

Puppyroach said:
I think they have a pretty healthy lineup of games but it would be amazing to see 10+ exclusive games each year, they have the resources to do it.

Ehhh... it's not healthy by traditional console standards. Microsoft has just created a culture of being primarily reliant on third party whether they know it or not. Traditionally third party only should serve on a marketing level to add to the excitement of their first party.

Bandorr said:
"Too Few Exclusives In 2017"
""I'm a little bit confused because we have a really good lineup this holiday.""

The first line is spin wow. They immediately take it from 2017 to the "holidays" of 2017. You can't pretend everything from January to August doesn't exist.

"We've got the most popular game on the planet in PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds--the Xbox console is going to be the only place where you can play that" other than you know... steam. Where EVERYONE is playing it.

This is a disaster of an interview.

Not to mention the recent confirmation that it will only be a timed console exclusive on XB1. I have no doubt that when the full game releases on PS4, it’ll see far more popularity there than on XB1, so it’s kind of pointless to keep pushing the narrative that this is somehow Xbox’s “thing”

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

She only missed to say "Xbox have unprecedent number of exclusives for 2017" or that "2017 is the best year on Xbox history" and other commonly used terms... She certainly is unaware of what is an exclusive or that counting anything make anyone impressed...

She really seems confused after so much spin.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Whys he confused? He named basically no exclusives.