By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD nintendo Switch #1 Selling Hardware in September. Nintendo Systems = 2/3 Total sales.

PEEPer0nni said:
OTBWY said:

Blatantly false, many companies have said that their games have met their goals. I'm not even including Indie's.

And my dude, looking at this comment and all of your other comments: You really have an anti-Nintendo bias. It's very obvious. The extreme downvoting you got in that article should give you a hint. Take my advice, be more fair and balanced (and a little more informed).

I'm fair. Nintendo always show their big games 1-2 years before release and there're no such games annouced for 2018. Do you think they'll show Animal Crossing or SSM 4 months before release? lol

You mean like Xenoblade 2? Or Odyssey? Or Samus Returns? Splatoon 2? Seems like these game were all annoucned and released within the year (even some less than 6 months). Your logic completely fails.

Around the Network
efaefsdfasd said:

pony fat butthurt HAHAHAHAH Niiiiiiiece another won. The return of the King. LMAO KHIII will be on NS.

"RDR2 which will sell 10-15 million on the PS4 alone" HAHAHAHAHAHAH Pokemon will eat that sales and puke on you with 30mln

Superbott, we know that life isn't easy for you, but you're not alone in this. I can't really understand what you are feeling, but I can offer my compassion. We're not on this earth to see through one another, but to see one another through.
A wise man once said: "Wherever my story takes me, however dark and difficult the theme, there is always some hope and redemption, not because readers like happy endings, but because I am an optimist at heart. I know the sun will rise in the morning, that there is a light at the end of every tunnel."

HoangNhatAnh said:
Possible, they aren't Sony anyway

Yes, they have a lot to catch up in terms of 1st party output in 2018.

OTBWY said:
PEEPer0nni said:

I'm fair. Nintendo always show their big games 1-2 years before release and there're no such games annouced for 2018. Do you think they'll show Animal Crossing or SSM 4 months before release? lol

You mean like Xenoblade 2? Or Odyssey? Or Samus Returns? Splatoon 2? Seems like these game were all annoucned and released within the year (even some less than 6 months). Your logic completely fails.

9 monts is a not a short amount of time.

PEEPer0nni said:
OTBWY said:

lol. Some games got announced at E3 and were released some months later. I don't know what you're really thinking, but you can't be like Rerez and really honestly and wholeheartedly believe that Nintendo is only going to come with 4 first party titles in 2018.

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
tbone51 said:

Bro its so off. Its number 7 in separate skus. Its at least 100k

NPD covers the entire month though if Im not mistaken.that 50k is just for the first week.

Good point i forgot

DonFerrari said:
PEEPer0nni said:

Without RDR2 and 90% of other multiplatform games? I seriously don't see what Nintendo could do till the new Pokemon game to not let the hype to die out. Wii and DS created a completely new target audience. That's not the case with the Switch.

Perhaps considering Switch is alone on the gen... because I don't think Switch will really go to sell over 120M to beat PS4.

Miyamotoo said:

I dont talk about one month sales, I talking about fact that won 5 months from 7 months from launch, with fact that Switch was heavily supply contained in past months and with point we talking about  best PS4 year until now while 1st Switch year.

So marginal wins even if consecutive constitues a killing? Ok. New way to see it.

It's killing it by month wins, it won 5 of 7 months, and again, Switch achieved that supply problems in past months and with best PS4 year until now while this is 1st Switch year, so yes, Switch sales are killing it.

OTBWY said:
PEEPer0nni said:

lol. Some games got announced at E3 and were released some months later. I don't know what you're really thinking, but you can't be like Rerez and really honestly and wholeheartedly believe that Nintendo is only going to come with 4 first party titles in 2018.

Obviously I don't know sh*t about what these companies are going to do. I'm not trying to play an insider.

I want some hardware numbers to see how surprised I am about Switch sales. I thought it being supply constraint was going to hold it back. However I knew that at the end of the month that wasn't that much of a problem though.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

PAOerfulone said:
DonFerrari said:

Perhaps considering Switch is alone on the gen... because I don't think Switch will really go to sell over 120M to beat PS4.

So marginal wins even if consecutive constitues a killing? Ok. New way to see it.

Just wait until the October NPD results come in and I'm sure you'll be satisfied.

I'm not disatisfied... but please explain how marginal victories define a killing... also for Switch to pass PS4 it have to hit over 120M, so are you certain that will happen?

gentii said:
Simple to say " The King is Return "

Which king? If talking about Nintendo consoles the last time they trully were unmatched kings it was during NES... on SNES they were losing to genesis up to when the next gen started and they outsold it on the long term. Then they lost big on N64 and Gamecube. Marginal win on Wii when the generation finally closed. So what king are we talking about?

PAOerfulone said:
PEEPer0nni said:

Yoshi, Kirby, Fire emblem. Yeah compare games that will be lucky to hit 2 million to RDR2 which will sell 10-15 million on the PS4 alone. Too japanese for the avarage gamer and even then PS4 will have the biggest japanese game next year (Kingdom Hearts III).

1) That 2018 release date for Kingdom Hearts III is highly doubtful. It's been 4 and half years since they revealed the game and we know next to nothing about it except that it will have Toy Story. Since this is Square Enix and Nomura we're talking about, I'll believe that 2018 release when I see it. 
2) If Animal Crossing comes out next year, then no, PS4 will NOT have the biggest Japanese game next year. Not. Even. Close. The best selling KH game in Japan, the first game, did 1.49 million on the PS2, which had an install base of well over 23 million in Japan. Animal Crossing: New Leaf is at 4.64 million AND COUNTING. 
3) You clearly must not have been paying attention to my 3rd point. The Switch hardware sells itself, being able to play console quality games whereever and whenver you want is a feature that ANY gamer, casual or dedicated, will be interested in. It has already replaced the 3DS, not just as the #1 King in Japan, but Nintendo handheld owners are naturally migrating towards it. Plus, it's best selling region is in the U.S. where its supply is beginning to catch up to demand. 

It doesn't have RDR2 (for now), but it doesn't need it, nor does it need Pokemon to keep up and build upon the momentum in 2018. They just need to keep a steady and consistent stream of 1st and 3rd party titles coming for it AND raise the stock and supply to meet demand and it'll continue to rise in sales, no problem.

Errr the "play console level games on the go was the premisse of PSVita" so that premisse to justify Switch success is a little weak.

KLAMarine said:
DonFerrari said:

Because they came from not talking much about sales before Switch to boasting a 2/3 sales of HW.

"In September, the Nintendo Switch system was once again the top-selling current-generation console hardware, according to the NPD Group, which tracks video game sales in the United States."

This sounds like NPD announcing this news, not Nintendo...

And since when did NPD announces a company selling 2/3 of sales?

Redmond. washington is the HQ of Nintendo of Americas isn't it? Does NPD also have its HQ there? Nope they don't. This release looks much more like company PR than number releases.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."