By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD nintendo Switch #1 Selling Hardware in September. Nintendo Systems = 2/3 Total sales.

PEEPer0nni said:
PAOerfulone said:

Animal Crossing (New Leaf outsold X/Y in Japan). Fire Emblem. Smash Bros. 4 Deluxe. Kirby. Yoshi. Whatever other smaller scale 1st party titles they come out with. Any additional 3rd party games (Dragon Quest XI, Project Octopath Travler, just to name a few) that come over to Switch along with the many ones they have now. 

And part of what sold people on the Wii and DS was the tech/ hardware at the time. The Switch, while the concept isn't new, the execution is the best it has been and the sales reflect that. 

At this particular stage, the hardware is selling itself, all Nintendo has to do is keep the steady stream of 1st party titles and 3rd party titles flowing and they won't even need Pokemon for a long while.

Yoshi, Kirby, Fire emblem. Yeah compare games that will be lucky to hit 2 million to RDR2 which will sell 10-15 million on the PS4 alone. The line-up is too japanese for the avarage gamer and even then PS4 will have the biggest japanese games next year (Kingdom Hearts III and MH:World). A casual will not get wet for ''Project Octopath Traveler'' (that name lol).

pony fat butthurt HAHAHAHAH Niiiiiiiece another won. The return of the King. LMAO KHIII will be on NS.

"RDR2 which will sell 10-15 million on the PS4 alone" HAHAHAHAHAHAH Pokemon will eat that sales and puke on you with 30mln

Around the Network
PEEPer0nni said:
Rab said:

Well Sony is starting to sell games for the Switch

But 3rd party games sell badly on the switch.

Super Bomberman R and Ultra Street Fighter 2 are both above half a million, which is quite good for these games. Several indie games sold better on Switch than on any other console. The eShop rankings are dominated by 3rd party games. So far, the only game that doesn't seem to do very well is FIFA, but we don't have any clear numbers for that one yet.

Flilix said:
PEEPer0nni said:

Super Bomberman R and Ultra Street Fighter 2 are both above half a million, which is quite good for these games. Several indie games sold better on Switch than on any other console. The eShop rankings are dominated by 3rd party games. So far, the only game that doesn't seem to do very well is FIFA, but we don't have any clear numbers for that one yet.

Fifa was #3 on the Nintendo Switch UK eshop for almost 2 full weeks after release so I think it did fairly well on the eshop at least. I mean it didn't do much first week in the UK physically so I have no idea how many sales the digital version would account for.

OTBWY said:
PEEPer0nni said:

Blatantly false, many companies have said that their games have met their goals. I'm not even including Indie's.

And my dude, looking at this comment and all of your other comments: You really have an anti-Nintendo bias. It's very obvious. The extreme downvoting you got in that article should give you a hint. Take my advice, be more fair and balanced (and a little more informed).

I'm fair. Nintendo always show their big games 1-2 years before release and there're no such games annouced for 2018. Do you think they'll show Animal Crossing or SSM 4 months before release? lol

PEEPer0nni said:
OTBWY said:

Blatantly false, many companies have said that their games have met their goals. I'm not even including Indie's.

And my dude, looking at this comment and all of your other comments: You really have an anti-Nintendo bias. It's very obvious. The extreme downvoting you got in that article should give you a hint. Take my advice, be more fair and balanced (and a little more informed).

I'm fair. Nintendo always show their big games 1-2 years before release and there're no such games annouced for 2018. Do you think they'll show Animal Crossing or SSM 4 months before release? lol

yes stupid cunt with a down syndrome LMAO

Around the Network

Okay so I want to know how the switch directly compares to PS4 and more specifically the Xbox One. For statistical reasons. If we take the DS and NESs away and compare switch to the other two consoles, it probably is between 1/3 and 1/2. Here in America, even though the PS4 has the most market share, the Xbox is close enough for us to do some real comparisons for September-October for Xbox and compare that to PS4. I want to see if anyone here can make a model that accurately predicts the Xbox One X sales based on data. At this point, we can determine that Switch will win November save all hardware drying up. Can we say for a fact that Xbox will come in 2nd place or 3rd? PS4 should have a November baseline of at least 800k. Who can predict the Xbox One? No feelings! Just data backed predictions please.

PEEPer0nni said:
PAOerfulone said:

Animal Crossing (New Leaf outsold X/Y in Japan). Fire Emblem. Smash Bros. 4 Deluxe. Kirby. Yoshi. Whatever other smaller scale 1st party titles they come out with. Any additional 3rd party games (Dragon Quest XI, Project Octopath Travler, just to name a few) that come over to Switch along with the many ones they have now. 

And part of what sold people on the Wii and DS was the tech/ hardware at the time. The Switch, while the concept isn't new, the execution is the best it has been and the sales reflect that. 

At this particular stage, the hardware is selling itself, all Nintendo has to do is keep the steady stream of 1st party titles and 3rd party titles flowing and they won't even need Pokemon for a long while.

Yoshi, Kirby, Fire emblem. Yeah compare games that will be lucky to hit 2 million to RDR2 which will sell 10-15 million on the PS4 alone. The line-up is too japanese for the avarage gamer and even then PS4 will have the biggest japanese games next year (Kingdom Hearts III and MH:World). A casual will not get wet for ''Project Octopath Traveler'' (that name lol).

Yeah, lucky indeed, I'm a hardcore gamer so I don't have low standards like casual

PEEPer0nni said:
OTBWY said:

Possible, they aren't Sony anyway

PEEPer0nni said:
OTBWY said:

There are twelve months in a year so they could potentially announce something early on in 2018 that could release during the holidays. Hell, Mario + Rabbids was officially announced at E3 and released in August. ARMS was revealed at the Switch presentation and released in June. FE Warriors just released in September in Japan (this week in other regions) after being initially announced back in the presentation as well. Who knows what will unfold in 2018 besides what’s been already announced. Fire Emblem, Kirby, Octopath Traveler, and Yoshi are planned for 2018. Don’t tell me that’s all they’re bringing next year.

HoangNhatAnh said:
PEEPer0nni said:

Yeah, lucky indeed, I'm a hardcore gamer so I don't have low standards like casuals

THE REAL GAMES ARE ON NINTENDO CONSOLES.

So you don't care about Nintendo's success among normal people?