By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Some good quality direct feed Xenoblade 2 footage

Nuvendil said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Does XC2 actually look better than DQ11?? :0

To be fair I think DQ looks a bit cleaner and more sharp in some areas though. Aren't the trees better? Is DQ's grass like Zelda's grass were it's individual blades of grass? Because if so that already explains some of where the PS4's hardware capabilities are going towards.

Still, a lot better comparison then I assumed

I wouldn't go quite that far but it definitely holds up way better than one may have thought.  

DQXI uses the same grass system as XC2, it's just more dense with smaller but more numerous grass meshes.  Trees are a bit better but the game also is a bit more stylized so they get away with a less realistic overall tree form that lets them be conservative on leaf planes, thuse lowering polygonal density.  Where DQXI will definitely win is image quality cause frankly, it's Unreal Engine 4.  So it has access to its excellent image quality tools.  Also I think DQXI is using physically based rendering, don't know if XC2 is.  There's also a bit of a lighting edge.

There are other advantages, most notably polygonal complexity of character models.  XC2's are fine but DQXI's are better.  Which makes sense given the power of the system and also the fact DQXI is played in a close up 3rd person camera and XC2 is played in a pulled back camera.  

Still, a better showing vs DQXI than it at first seemed.

Also, that first screenshot looks SO much better than E3.

If only XBC2 used BotW's grass.
That stuff looks good even at 4k+

Around the Network
caffeinade said:
Nuvendil said:

I wouldn't go quite that far but it definitely holds up way better than one may have thought.  

DQXI uses the same grass system as XC2, it's just more dense with smaller but more numerous grass meshes.  Trees are a bit better but the game also is a bit more stylized so they get away with a less realistic overall tree form that lets them be conservative on leaf planes, thuse lowering polygonal density.  Where DQXI will definitely win is image quality cause frankly, it's Unreal Engine 4.  So it has access to its excellent image quality tools.  Also I think DQXI is using physically based rendering, don't know if XC2 is.  There's also a bit of a lighting edge.

There are other advantages, most notably polygonal complexity of character models.  XC2's are fine but DQXI's are better.  Which makes sense given the power of the system and also the fact DQXI is played in a close up 3rd person camera and XC2 is played in a pulled back camera.  

Still, a better showing vs DQXI than it at first seemed.

Also, that first screenshot looks SO much better than E3.

I mean, XC2's grass method is the go to for virtually every game other than BotW :P.  

And BotW is the only game I have ever seen do grass that way.  I'm pretty sure that is the number 1 feature that makes it as demanding as it is.  

KLAMarine said:
I'll just be here hoping the gameplay is good while all y'all count polygons...

I'm hoping cutscenes direction will be handled propely this time, and i like what i've seen so far.

Nuvendil said:
caffeinade said:

I mean, XC2's grass method is the go to for virtually every game other than BotW :P.  

And BotW is the only game I have ever seen do grass that way.  I'm pretty sure that is the number 1 feature that makes it as demanding as it is.  

Yeah, but it looks cool.

Uraya is a gorgeous place

Around the Network
MichealJetli said:

I guess it does have some stand out places.

I just cannot wait until I get to play this game; to experience this world.

caffeinade said:

Botw's grass is freaking amazing, still impressed they got that running on Wii U.

MichealJetli said:

I really like this area, definitely the most interesting one shown so far aesthetically. Reminds me of Satorl Marsh from the first game.

HintHRO said:
Getting a little tired of ''Youtube compression'' being the cause of Switch games looking mediocre. Even when we have direct footage from Nintendo, youtube or internet compression is still being blamed. This is never the case with games on PS4/X1/PC because those games simply look amazing and up to date, while XC2 barely holds up with XCX.

Youtube compresses videos reducing image quality, that is a fact. Doesn't matter whether its a Switch game, a PS4 game, or an Xbox One game, youtube blurs the image compared to what it looks like on a properly calibrated TV.

Game looks really good. The environments are beautiful.
Btw, Rex sounds older than he looks.

Only watched like a minute of first video. Want to be as fresh as I can be going into this game, so avoided a ton of videos and info. Kind of annoying going on nintendeverything.com and seeing once ina while "new rare blade" and then giant pic. It's like come on guys, save pic for if someone clicks. I just scroll fast and so far beyond the one rare they showed int he direct i can't recal the rest.

But the first minute gave me so much xenoblade 1 feels it was amazing. For some reason X never really felt like a xenoblade game in environment. Felt like you were on a whole different world or something. Which granted you were, but I mean like ff13 to ff15 new world. Like a new universe that has no bearing on last one. This one minute clip felt like I was back on bionis.

irstupid said:
Only watched like a minute of first video. Want to be as fresh as I can be going into this game, so avoided a ton of videos and info. Kind of annoying going on nintendeverything.com and seeing once ina while "new rare blade" and then giant pic. It's like come on guys, save pic for if someone clicks. I just scroll fast and so far beyond the one rare they showed int he direct i can't recal the rest.

But the first minute gave me so much xenoblade 1 feels it was amazing. For some reason X never really felt like a xenoblade game in environment. Felt like you were on a whole different world or something. Which granted you were, but I mean like ff13 to ff15 new world. Like a new universe that has no bearing on last one. This one minute clip felt like I was back on bionis.

Maybe part of this feeling might be the music; the composers of the first game are returning for XBC2 I believe, while XCX had a different composer.