By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Some good quality direct feed Xenoblade 2 footage

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Nuvendil said:

I'm not applauding anything.  Nor am I telling you you have to like it.  But I do not likeand don't abide when people make objectively incorrect statements about a game, any game.  This game has in particular just been hit with this nonsense more than once.  It's more just a pet peeve of mine, what I call "gamer amnesia" where people regularly forget how a game actually looked or sounded or played, remembering it looking or sounding or playing way better than it actually did.  For me at least, it is profoundly annoying when I see a new game feature substantial and visible improvements in some department over a predecessor but people then say that never happened.  

And I was bringing it up before because the footage quality was just plain ass so a lot of improvements made were legit hard to see :P.  And I kept bringing it up because, as I said, people kept saying the same things in every thread.  When the same conversation happens in every thread, the same things will be said in every thread. 

Ok ... time to fess up ... if I told you I only wrote that original comment because I *knew you were going to be in this thread and wanted to mess with you, would that come off as me backpedalling, or would you believe me?

I mean I won't deny the predictability of my presence :P

But would I be suspicious? Perhaps.  But I'm not one of those people looking for a fight that's going to press the issue.  But no one can know your mind other than you, so be careful with such jokes.

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:

But would I be suspicious? Perhaps.  But I'm not one of those people looking for a fight that's going to press the issue.  But no one can know your mind other than you, so be careful with such jokes.

Well that's the point of the bait. It's not supposed to be easy to detect :P

I'll admit I still think the grass area, that area that they kept showing off before the September direct, looks kinda shitty. However I do think it was in a September Direct thread, I said the game looked like a PS4 game in some areas.

And I mean, there's no JRPG on the PS3 that looks nearly as good. Even on PS4's it's only real competition off the top of my head is multi-million sellers like DQ and FF

Nuvendil said:

I'll admit I still think the grass area, that area that they kept showing off before the September direct, looks kinda shitty. However I do think it was in a September Direct thread, I said the game looked like a PS4 game in some areas.

And I mean, there's no JRPG on the PS3 that looks nearly as good. Even on PS4's it's only real competition off the top of my head is multi-million sellers like DQ and FF

A couple recent screenshots and brief clips from the grassy area do look a lot better than E3.  But we've seen less from it since Gamescom.  But the improvements since E3 have been quite impressive, imo.  The grass draw distance seems to have more than doubled, almost trippled.

Alkibiádēs said:
HintHRO said:
Getting a little tired of ''Youtube compression'' being the cause of Switch games looking mediocre. Even when we have direct footage from Nintendo, youtube or internet compression is still being blamed. This is never the case with games on PS4/X1/PC because those games simply look amazing and up to date, while XC2 barely holds up with XCX.

Most JRPGs on PS4 look much worse than Xenoblade 2 actually. So what point are you trying to make here? 

And the blur in those videos is definitely caused by youtube compression. Look at the latest trailer of this game on the Switch itself and see for yourself. 

Yeah, just like texture popups, framerate stutter and low texture resolution are also caused by youtube compression. 

Which PS4 JRPGs that aren't a direct port from the PS3 version are you talking about?

Nuvendil said:

A couple recent screenshots and brief clips from the grassy area do look a lot better than E3.  But we've seen less from it since Gamescom.  But the improvements since E3 have been quite impressive, imo.  The grass draw distance seems to have more than doubled, almost trippled.

I agree with what Curl said a few threads ago. He was talking about how he just liked the look of Xenoblade's grass fields more. Something about the color is just way more appealing. I know there's technically more capable on the Switch, but I just don't like the way the fields look as much as Xenoblade Chronicles(Wii). 

I know you're gonna pound me for saying that but it had to be said : P 

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:

I agree with what Curl said a few threads ago. He was talking about how he just liked the look of Xenoblade's grass fields more. Something about the color is just way more appealing. I know there's technically more capable on the Switch, but I just don't like the way the fields look as much as Xenoblade Chronicles(Wii). 

I know you're gonna pound me for saying that but it had to be said : P 

Well Bionis Leg has a softer color palette, Gormodt (probably misspelled that) has more intense colors.  Some people will prefer one over the other.

HintHRO said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Most JRPGs on PS4 look much worse than Xenoblade 2 actually. So what point are you trying to make here? 

And the blur in those videos is definitely caused by youtube compression. Look at the latest trailer of this game on the Switch itself and see for yourself. 

Yeah, just like texture popups, framerate stutter and low texture resolution are also caused by youtube compression. 

Which PS4 JRPGs that aren't a direct port from the PS3 version are you talking about?

Ys VIII, Tales of games, Persona 5, Digimon games, etc.

The only better looking JRPGs on the PS4 are FF XV, DQ XI and KH3 in the future. 

And guess what, all those games also have texture popups and framerate stutter. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Most of the posts are about the Xbox,Xenoblade abbreviation and Xenoblade 2 graphics. I feel like no one is discussing the video haha.

Anyway I will say that the game looks amazing and I can't wait to play it.

Also XBox 2 would be a stupid name. Is Xbox and Xbox 360 not canon anymore or something?
Xenoblade should be abbreviated to XC2.
Xenoblade graphics are much more appealing to the eye for me than Xenoblade X.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

HintHRO said:
Getting a little tired of ''Youtube compression'' being the cause of Switch games looking mediocre. Even when we have direct footage from Nintendo, youtube or internet compression is still being blamed. This is never the case with games on PS4/X1/PC because those games simply look amazing and up to date, while XC2 barely holds up with XCX.

AAA PS4 cartoony style JRPG vs XC2

MichealJetli said:
HintHRO said:

AAA PS4 cartoony style JRPG vs XC2

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Does XC2 actually look better than DQ11?? :0

To be fair I think DQ looks a bit cleaner and more sharp in some areas though. Aren't the trees better? Is DQ's grass like Zelda's grass were it's individual blades of grass? Because if so that already explains some of where the PS4's hardware capabilities are going towards.

Still, a lot better comparison then I assumed