By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - HAHA - Hypocrite Trump Sits Through Military Flag Ceremony After Criticizing Others For Flag Disrespect

Tagged games:

typical political hatred, everyday.

Around the Network
Zkuq said:
Machiavellian said:

Didn't Trump go to West Point.  When he heard them play retreat, he definitely should have known what was happening.  If anything he had a good opportunity to show his respect but since it was never about standing or kneeling in the first place with his tweets, he totally ignored it.

OK, I rewatched the video with sounds on, and you do have a point. I still think he probably wasn't being hypocritical, but his priorities are way off. He's a showman and it really shows here. I think he was so focused on keeping the show going that he didn't even stop to think about the situation properly. That said, the whole kneeling thing sounds like somewhat of a show too; I doubt he's that patriotic, which is also half the explanation for what's happening here.

I totally agree with your what you say.  I would label Trump more of a salesman than showman.  In the book Art of the Deal, a lot of the questionable practices he used in the book he also does in politics.  He thinks like a salesman so when he came out against the NFL players it wasn't because they were kneeling, sitting or whatever, he figured he would score a few more points with his base.  So when retreat was played at the military base, he totally forgot to stay in character and ignored how it would look when he did not stand for the ceremony.  Being a West Point Graduate it looks even worst since he should know the traditions.  I will say that Trump does understand that this type of stuff will just be pushed aside by his base as the liberals being snowflakes or whatever.  I love going to pro Trump sites and reading the forums.  This situation was totally blown away.  I threw out a that Trump went to West Point and that he should recognize the ceremony but no one want to hear it.  Its like they are afraid to ever hold him accountable for any actions he do.

teamsilent13 said:

The flag issue is not a real issue; you can find me consistent on this opinion in other threads related to this topic. I do not care that these athletes kneel and find it hardly offensive. It's more annoying to me that Kapernick donated to a group related to a convicted cop killer or that he ignores that white people and blacks are both killed by police at a rate proportionate to their crime statistics based on the most recent FBI statistics. That's the only part that bothers me. If the narrative was we need to rework police training then I wouldn't care, but Kapernick engaged at points in making this about race when it isn't. Cherry picking events and in some cases cherry picking events that hurt his cause. So the kneeling pisses off a lot of NFL fans for the military or whatever, but the only reason it could possibly make me mad is that it somehow gives Kapernick a pass when his entire arc is an epic fail of virtue signaling. 

Actually its not that Kap ignores that whites and blacks get killed by cops.  Its the fact that black people get killed by cops and they get paid leave, no convictions and come back to work.  The injustice part is that whites and blacks are not treated the same in the justice system.  This is why people do not understand the "Black Lives Matter".  They believe the protest is only about bad cops and blacks being killed by bad cops.  Instead its about bad cops being protected by the system and allowed to commit murder and go scott free.  Yes, it is about race because one side is not treated the same as the other.  This is not something new but something that has gone on for decades.  Black people have stated it many times and have been ignored.  

SpokenTruth said:
Azuren said:
If you think it's just "showing respect to a piece of fabric", you'd be wrong. No one cares about the fabric of the flag, they care about what it represents. It represents our country, our personal liberties, and the men and women who die defending those liberties.

And the right to protest.

I find it more disrespectful to not exercise the rights we fought for.

Well, we're not talking legalities, are we? We're just discussing why people would be mad?

Because if you burn a flag in front of a veteran, he might be glad you have the right to do so... But he'll probably be mad you did. What is it the regressive left likes to say? "Freedom of speech isn't freedom of consequence"?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

In his defense, he technically did nothing wrong. The music playing is called “Retreat” for evening colors. For military personnel, if you are inside, you are not required to stand or salute, which Trump technically was. Now, he’s a complete moron for asking if the music was in his honor, and then saying it was to honor that other guy’s ratings. Even if he meant it jokingly, that’s incredibly disrespectful. That particular tune is to honor the service members who never made it home, which is why it’s played at sunset.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network
Azuren said:
SpokenTruth said:

And the right to protest.

I find it more disrespectful to not exercise the rights we fought for.

Well, we're not talking legalities, are we? We're just discussing why people would be mad?

Because if you burn a flag in front of a veteran, he might be glad you have the right to do so... But he'll probably be mad you did. What is it the regressive left likes to say? "Freedom of speech isn't freedom of consequence"?

So why are people mad.  Are they made because people are actually kneeling when the anthem is playing and finding it disrespectful or is it the people that are kneeling.  Isn't the people who find it disrespectful are the same people who will wear the flag as underware, bed sheets, table cloth, banddana you name it.  All the things that are considered disrepectful.  When has taking a knee ever been disrespectful in America.  When you have read as many post as I have from people who are mad, there is a common theme.  They are mad because the kneeling has been turned to mean protesting.  Its the same thing that happens in every protest.  People look for a reason to denouce the message and make it about something else.

It's even more funny when people start to throw Martin Luther King into the mix and state he would never do this and usually those people are white.  It shows that they have no clue what MK would do because they believe this image of non-violence as if at the time MK was doing it people were ok with it.  Here is a link to a protest he did in Birmingham Alabama.

http://www.history.com/news/kings-letter-from-birmingham-jail-50-years-later

Here is a link to the actual letter he wrote.

https://www.africa.upenn.edu/Articles_Gen/Letter_Birmingham.html

The thing people forget about MK is that he knew that in order to succeed, however you protest, you cannot reciprocate the violence that is done against you with violence.  If you do, then the talking point will be the violence instead of the message.  This is the same thing that has happen with BLM.  They started with a purpose for equality but let way to many people with a different message.  They did not have a strong leadership foundation and thus anyone could say they are part of the group.  You will see in this letter that MK did not leave anything to chance.  He had workshops to prepare his people for non violent protest to make sure there would be no retaliation and that people were prepared to be hit, thrown in jail and worst.  

The kind of tension that kneeling to the anthem creates is exactly what MK probably would have done because it has everyone talking.  Whether you agree or not agree, it provide that type of tension where we as a nation need to get to the point of why taking a knee is needed in the first place.