By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Famitsu Review Scores 10/17/17 - (Super Mario Odyssey)

tbone51 said:
irstupid said:

No it's just different time zones. They are a head of us, so the embargo has already lifted for them.

When does embargo end?

No idea. Guesing a couple days before release. Feels like that was the case with Zelda.

So my guess is like Oct 25 or something. Isn't release day the 27th?

Around the Network
Rocketjay8 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

How is that inconsistent? That's the opposite of inconsistency - they just have different tastes from you

They gave Nintendogs a 40/40

Read my earlier post each review score is individual from games of different types, Nintendogs for example was reviewed for what it was and tried to do in this case a pet simulator which it was very good as. The perfect score is for being a pet simulator and not comparable to the scores they gve to games like Mario, FF and so on as those are reviewd differently, Famitsu doesn't take a universal view for all games they're reviewd for what they are.

spurgeonryan said:
OTBWY said:
I never trust Famitsu scores, good or bad. So, zero value.

But that is two sites now. Edge gave it a perfect score. 

@nintendo dogs comment

That game was perfect for its time and genre. What was wrong with it?

Typical letting ones opinion cloud judgement. Its like Jim Sterlings BotW review. He was not being objective. Say waht you want about some gameplay mechanics like weapon durability, but the game is not a 7. Fine you don't like that mechanic. I hate the autoregen health in shooters, but that don't make me rate every game that has them super poorly. Zelda's polish, scope, replayability, physics, puzzles, ect are to a level that are unheard of. I mean compare BotW and Skyrim. Both open world games that are huge in scope and broke many grounds. I love both games hugely and sunk 100's of hours in both. But one you can scour youtube and maybe find a couple bugs in Zelda. The other has enough bugs to populate skyrim with them and it woudl look natural.

As a reviewer or even a person onliune one has to look more objective. Even take movies. Sex in teh City the movie. How would i rate that movie? I have not seen it, but I imagine I would utterly hate the movie. My personal opinions woudl like to give it like 2/10 or something. It's completely not my movie, not my genre, not my humor, not my everything. Yet another movie, say Jet Li's "the One" I thoroughly enjoy. Without objectviity I woudl rate it say 8/10. But that is completely taking my personal feelings into it. I like actions, hate whatever Sex in city is. They probably should in the grand sceme be rated the same.

D:

But 39/40 is still great. Odyssey off to a good start

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Jim sterling: 6/10

'The jumping is weird, and it triggers me and makes me very mad. Otherwise, the game is perfect'

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Mar1217 said:

Wut ? Nobody described you as a hater.  They just had a grip about how you needed(needlessly) to prove that there was a shady illegal business done between Nintendo and Edge because of the perfect score they gave earlier than everyone else.

Always just said its a possibility. Just gave reasons why I thought it was a bit shady. Never tried to force my claim on anyone. I responded to people who said I was wrong.

Why would they is what people ask. Has a mainline Mario game ever been less than a 90 average? Even New Super Mario Bros U did pretty well, and a game already highly praised probably won't be different

RolStoppable said:
spurgeonryan said:

Is this real? Did he really give it a 6/10?

No.

Sterling issued an official statement that he won't do any reviews anymore.

Right.

And I fully believe him, being the man of impeccable integrity and professionalism that he is.

Really awesome. Great scores for Forza and Cuphead as well.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Rocketjay8 said:
Really? Look at what they gave all of the other Mario games: Super Mario 64: 39/40 Super Mario Sunshine: 38/40 Super Mario Galaxy: 38/40 Super Mario Galaxy 2: 37/40 Super Mario 3D Land: 38/40 Super Mario 3D World: 38/40 Super Mario Odyssey: 39/40

But they gave New Super Mario Bros. Wii of all things a 40/40? I'm not complaining about how Odyssey got a 39, but my problem with their score system is that it is so inconsistent.

Makes sense to me. The Japanese have always seemed to put 2D Mario on top of 3D Mario.

Less than FFXIII-2?

Mario cancelled, Switch cancelled, Nintendo cancelled, etc.