By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Famitsu Review Scores 10/17/17 - (Super Mario Odyssey)

Rocketjay8 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

How is that inconsistent? That's the opposite of inconsistency - they just have different tastes from you

They gave Nintendogs a 40/40

Again, that's NOT inconsistency, that's an appeal to taste you're making - they have different *taste* than you

Around the Network
Rocketjay8 said:

How is that inconsistent? That's the opposite of inconsistency - they just have different tastes from you

Completely irrelivent since different genre. Scores for every Mario game he listed were between 37-40.

Put that in percentages, 93-100%

I'd say that is pretty consistent.

Great score for Odyssey. Although I'm a big hater of the game according to some Nintendo lovers around here. lol

What's with that high Fifa score lol. It's the same garbage every year.

irstupid said:
Rocketjay8 said:

I don't have a problem with the 3d mario scores. But New Super Mario Bros has a perfect score while 64 and Odyssey are 39.

Well that just a simple explanation. They are 2d side scroller fans. Of all the games you listed, only 1 is a 2d scroller, the rest are 3D games.

Rocketjay8 said:

Again, that's NOT inconsistency, that's an appeal to taste you're making - they have different *taste* than you

irstupid said:
Rocketjay8 said:

Completely irrelivent since different genre. Scores for every Mario game he listed were between 37-40.

Put that in percentages, 93-100%

I'd say that is pretty consistent.

I guess I should have said questionable instead of inconsistent. I'm just surprised that they gave New Super Mario Bros Wii a perfect while the galaxy games have a 38/37.

Around the Network

agree

irstupid said:
Nautilus said:
Famitsu gave SMO a score thats almost perfect, and they released the score before the embargo?!?!?

Some shady business between them and Nintendo must be at works.

No it's just different time zones. They are a head of us, so the embargo has already lifted for them.

When does embargo end?

Mar1217 said:
KLXVER said:
Great score for Odyssey. Although I'm a big hater of the game according to some Nintendo lovers around here. lol

Wut ? Nobody described you as a hater.  They just had a grip about how you needed(needlessly) to prove that there was a shady illegal business done between Nintendo and Edge because of the perfect score they gave earlier than everyone else.

Always just said its a possibility. Just gave reasons why I thought it was a bit shady. Never tried to force my claim on anyone. I responded to people who said I was wrong.

irstupid said:
Rocketjay8 said:
Really? Look at what they gave all of the other Mario games: Super Mario 64: 39/40 Super Mario Sunshine: 38/40 Super Mario Galaxy: 38/40 Super Mario Galaxy 2: 37/40 Super Mario 3D Land: 38/40 Super Mario 3D World: 38/40 Super Mario Odyssey: 39/40

But they gave New Super Mario Bros. Wii of all things a 40/40? I'm not complaining about how Odyssey got a 39, but my problem with their score system is that it is so inconsistent.

Hardly would call scores ranging from 37-40/40 as inconsistent.

Peach_buggy said:
So how would Metacritic extrapolate a 39/40? Would they treat it as 3 100's and a 90 or use formulaic equations to come up with 1 score?

I woudl assume, what 39/40 is 97.5% but never cared to check. Which is the same in the end as what you said. Only diffference is the number of perfect scores. If your trying to beat say BOTW for most perfect 10's then you would want it to be split out like 3 10's an a 1 9. If you only care about overal score, it don't matter.

Yes, you would use the 3  10's as bragging rights if you wanted i would guess.

39/40 is a good score for Odyssey. It bodes well for future reviews, especially given that 3 of the reviewers gave it a perfect score. My only gripe is that some games that were given a perfect 40 were extremely subjectively reviewed. Can't remember which games they have given 40's out for before but i'm sure the almost universal viewpoint is that they didn't deserve it.