By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo wants more "mature" content on the switch

DAXFM said:
Bayonetta 3, Doom, and GTA 6, that is all Nintendo

Keep dreaming.Gta VI? Are you aware of your shit capable of already???? Not that much.😆

Around the Network
DAXFM said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

The real reason is you didn't think out your response at all  

Nah, Fanboy, see you!

Oh I'm a Sony fanboy because I see logic and reason? Okay ... 

If Nintendo wanted to create an exclusive Souls-like IP from From Software, i'd be fine with that. I'd buy it day one. But you pretty much ignored all my points just for the sake of making one of those stupid "I'm so meta because I know corporations are about money!" replies.

The reality is that I've never said Nintendo doesn't have the money to contract From Software. I simply think Nintendo doesn't want to. I don't think From Software is even on their radar in terms of exclusive partnerships. Granted Bayonetta probably shouldn't have been either, but there are just so many reasons for an exclusive Souls game to come to PS4 and so few for Switch. I doubt Nintendo is going to go "Oh man, let's get an exclusive Souls game - on Switch!" It just isn't something you're going to see. Sure, any third party can be bought for money. But you also have to consider how big of an investment or risk putting something exclusively on a platform is. And I think it's too big of a risk for From Software, and possibly too little of a reward for Nintendo.

But hey, I'm just a fanboy! 

DAXFM said:

Nah, Fanboy, see you!

If Nintendo wanted to create an exclusive Souls-like IP from From Software, i'd be fine with that. I'd buy it day one. But you pretty much ignored all my points just for the sake of making one of those stupid "I'm so meta because I know corporations are about money!" replies.

The reality is that I've never said Nintendo doesn't have the money to contract From Software. I simply think Nintendo doesn't want to. I don't think From Software is even on their radar in terms of exclusive partnerships. Granted Bayonetta probably shouldn't have been either, but there are just so many reasons for an exclusive Souls game to come to PS4 and so few for Switch. I doubt Nintendo is going to go "Oh man, let's get an exclusive Souls game - on Switch!" It just isn't something you're going to see. Sure, any third party can be bought for money. But you also have to consider how big of an investment or risk putting something exclusively on a platform is. And I think it's too big of a risk for From Software, and possibly too little of a reward for Nintendo.

:O

DAXFM said:

The real reason is you didn't think out your response at all  lol Fanboy

Just curious, who's team am I on? If going to be fighting this war, I should at least know who i'm fighting for. 

this is big news

Around the Network
Suky said:

This is only a rumour with no real base on it. And this is quite absurd. It's really known that Nintendo always want their fanbase to grow substantially. But Switch as all of their consoles is aimed to kids. Hardcoregamers are not so into the system as the casuals, adults on the otherside are not so impresed like me. And finally for a console to be mature intended, it has to have solid capabilities in the harware department. Almost like a PC rig, not just portable discrete hardware as a smartphone. Who else would like the Switch? I can tell you for sure not real harcore, just compulsive and not into mature stuff.This topic have non sense.

Disagree all the Switch marketing is towards adults primarily. 

For a portable, Switch is a high end system, where else can you play Skyrim or Zelda: BoTW scope games on a bus/airplane/taking a poop. 

I can tell you right now it's mainly hardcore gamers buying the thing, not rich kids with $300 to burn or casuals. 

Nintendo finally acknowledges this? Wow.

I want more ''content'' on the Switch

Eternal Darkness Please

CaptainExplosion said:

I still say this'd be a good time for Nintendo to make their own mature IPs.

Sure, they've had Metroid and Xenoblade which are more mature than most of their games, but I'm talking on the level of Perfect Dark or Killer Instinct.

It'll ultimately be up to Nintendo if they want to or not. If they do attempt, I hope they do it because they want to and not because the market demands it. "Mature" or games rated "M" for Mature aren't usually Nintendo's M.O. Usually those are made by other partners while Nintendo is credited as publishers (i.e., Eternal Darkness, Bayonetta 2, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, Conker). Nintendo is mostly known for dark and mature themes while not necesarily go too far into the realm of rated M for Mature. Games like Earthbound, Majora's Mask, FE: Geneology of the Holy War, Metroid, Wind Waker, Advance Wars Days of Ruin, Twilight Princess, etc. are examples of games Nintendo is more than willing to develop. It's up to the developers who want to experiment in that M for Mature realm. I'm not sure if there is anyone willing besides maybe Monolith Soft, Aonuma's team, Intelligent Systems, and Retro. The developer of Mario Kart just made ARMS and the developer of Animal Crossing is focusing on the Splatoon series. Koizumi, one of the producers of Mario, including Odyssey, maybe could? I don't know.