By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVR Turns One: One Million Gamers And Counting

d21lewis said:

The worst thing about VR is that people have to try it to invest in it. I got my PSVR on day one and I love it* but since that day, I've seen zero demo units for it. And rightly so. I saw a news story a few days ago about a LICE epidemic happening recently because people try on Halloween costumes and put them back on the shelf. I imagine PSVR demos would cause pink eye or something.

*"I got my PSVR on day one and I love it" is copyright d21lewis 2016-2017 all rights reserved

Your face does not actually make contact with the PSVR headset. Just some rubber flaps that can be wiped clean.

Around the Network
Trentonater said:
d21lewis said:

The worst thing about VR is that people have to try it to invest in it. I got my PSVR on day one and I love it* but since that day, I've seen zero demo units for it. And rightly so. I saw a news story a few days ago about a LICE epidemic happening recently because people try on Halloween costumes and put them back on the shelf. I imagine PSVR demos would cause pink eye or something.

*"I got my PSVR on day one and I love it" is copyright d21lewis 2016-2017 all rights reserved

Your face does not actually make contact with the PSVR headset. Just some rubber flaps that can be wiped clean.

YOUR face doesn't make contact with PSVR. In my home, there's actual eyeball contact with the lens! Something is blurring them up where I have to wipe them clean.

Would like to try that VR experience eventually, when it will be roughly 150 dollars.

Still is a lot of money. I bought a switch for 260 bucks. :|

habam said:
kowenicki said:
1m sold through retail? (Just over)

They still use "more then 1 mio" for whatever reason.

They basically already confirmed close to 2 mio sales back at gamescom (said 10 mio VR games got sold with 5-6 games per gamer in average).

It was like 900k in february.  (http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/02/27/psvr-sales-now-900k-sold/)

And 500k in 3 months (http://www.vgchartz.com/article/269560/psvr-sold-500000-units-in-3-month-period-through-june/=

So its definitly more then 1 mio. They most likely just use "more then 1 mio" because it sounds nice and an average people will think 1 mio is alot. It wouldnt make any difference to 90% of the people to if they say 1 Mio or 5 Mio anyway.

You should probably read the whole thread again and reassess your post. It is more than a million but not by much.

d21lewis said:
Trentonater said:

YOUR face doesn't make contact with PSVR. In my home, there's actual eyeball contact with the lens! Something is blurring them up where I have to wipe them clean.

You can control the distance of the visor from the headband. there is a button that adjusts it. The instructions even tell you to have it extended as far as possible first and pull it closer to your preference. No fogging will occur if you let you face breathe.

Around the Network

Meh bought mine day one, sold it 4 months later. Expensive gimmick like

Nogamez said:
Meh bought mine day one, sold it 4 months later. Expensive gimmick like

so what i did with my switch after finishing zelda

ironmanDX said:
habam said:

They still use "more then 1 mio" for whatever reason.

They basically already confirmed close to 2 mio sales back at gamescom (said 10 mio VR games got sold with 5-6 games per gamer in average).

It was like 900k in february.  (http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/02/27/psvr-sales-now-900k-sold/)

And 500k in 3 months (http://www.vgchartz.com/article/269560/psvr-sold-500000-units-in-3-month-period-through-june/=

So its definitly more then 1 mio. They most likely just use "more then 1 mio" because it sounds nice and an average people will think 1 mio is alot. It wouldnt make any difference to 90% of the people to if they say 1 Mio or 5 Mio anyway.

You should probably read the whole thread again and reassess your post. It is more than a million but not by much.

you should read my post again, its basically confirmed to hit 2 mio soon.

Looks like the technology dictatorship is having a hard time pushing this down people's throats.

I'm not impressed with this performance, hopefully Sony can turn this around.

Also, maybe we're not there yet for this technology. Sony did a pretty good job with what they had but I think it needs a little more work, You should be able to fully interact in the world, the light controllers aren't good enough IMO.

I think the next iteration will be successful.

VR at the moment is just a gimmick. A cool one, having played around with PS4's VR a bit. But the graphics take a huge dive, you get headaches and nausea after play and social coach multiplayer is impossible. I can see it taking off in 5 years or so on more powerful hardware for gaming enthusiasts... but it will never enter mainstream adoption.