By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why i believe Animal Crossing will come in 2019.

Shaunodon said:
Peach_buggy said:

Good point about Pokemon. However that decision still appeared to piss quite a few fans off. As for your other point, the Switch is the future and i feel Nintendo should be concentrating on the future. As much as some have said the 2 don't cannibalise each other, i disagree. 1 of the main selling points of the switch is in competition in the handheld market with a device from the same company. Surely there will be a time when they are tripping each other up regarding sales.

What you're describing is the natural course of the 3DS' lifecycle ending. Sometime next year, or possibly even later, the 3DS will start to dwindle away and once it reaches the point of no longer being profitable, Nintendo will axe it. They don't need to be doing any backflips to ensure 3DS doesn't interfere with Switch, it's already pretty clear that Switch is the future to most consumers.

Releasing FEW on both consoles was a mistake imo. Also, it's kind of my point, that Animal Crossing will be released shortly after the 3ds is finished with. 2019 is too late for the 3ds to be killed off though.

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
Peach_buggy said:

Nintendo have said it themselves. The Switch is a hybrid. They have admitted it is a replacement for the Wii u but not for the 3ds. However, they are not gonna let the 2 cannibalise each others' sales indefinitely.

So far the Switch seems to  have been marketed towards young adults/20+ and older. Seems like a departure from the family and child friendly Nintendo consoles from the past. The 1st party releases seem to back this up too. Blockbuster AAA home console on-the-go type titles. However, there is no way Nintendo is going to give up on a large part of its potential audience.

My prediction is simple. They will quietly drop the 3ds in late 2018 and then we will start to see more "handheld-like" game releases. Such as:- Mario and Luigi, Mario vs. Donkey Kong, Paper Mario and..... Animal Crossing. Also it will be around the time that Pokemon lands on a "home" console for the first time. These 2 handheld behemoths will be among the first, sometime in 2019 to go after the handheld crowd who will be searching for something to  replace their 3ds's with. Of course, among that crowd will be children and family-orientated gamers. Slam dunk Nintendo! Get the hardcore on board first, then chase all the others once you have discontinued the 3ds. Now i know the 3ds is considerably cheaper but i believe part of Nintendo's strategy to catch all of the hanheld crowd too will coincide with either a price cut or a different/cheaper Switch Sku.

Just my opinion so please don't bash. (Too hard, anyway!)

I agree with this. 2019 is enough time to give the Splatoon 2 team to go back to making Animal Crossing, and complete it. We haven't seen a new Animal Crossing since 2013 because the team that made those games went on to make Splatoon, and Splatoon 2. Now that Nintendo has checkmarked the Shooter box, for their new console, they will go on to checkmark the Poke'mon box and the life sim box. 

Finally! Someone "gets" me! Lol

Peach_buggy said:
Shaunodon said:

What you're describing is the natural course of the 3DS' lifecycle ending. Sometime next year, or possibly even later, the 3DS will start to dwindle away and once it reaches the point of no longer being profitable, Nintendo will axe it. They don't need to be doing any backflips to ensure 3DS doesn't interfere with Switch, it's already pretty clear that Switch is the future to most consumers.

Releasing FEW on both consoles was a mistake imo. Also, it's kind of my point, that Animal Crossing will be released shortly after the 3ds is finished with. 2019 is too late for the 3ds to be killed off though.

Why must the 3DS die so that Animal Crossing may live on the Switch. Is it awkward for them to be in the same room or something?

Shaunodon said:
Peach_buggy said:

Why must the 3DS die so that Animal Crossing may live on the Switch. Is it awkward for them to be in the same room or something?

Well,  no particular reason, put like that. Just my take on it. I believe it would be easier for Nintendo to entice present/prospective 3ds owners once the 3ds is no longer in production.

Peach_buggy said:
flashfire926 said:
.......ARE YOU ME!?!? I was literally about to make the exact same thread. My reasons for the prediction are different tho.

The Animal Crossing team in Nintendo is also the splatoon team. So based on recent release history, animal crossing should.be coming out in 2019.

Animal crossing new leaf- June 2013
Splatoon 1- may 2015
Splatoon 2- July 2017
Animal crossing- Mid 2019???
They will have splatoon 2 support throughout 2018 as well, so I doubt they will release the game then.

I heavily disagree on in being on the 3DS tho. Animal crossing' biggest audience is Japan, and they are absolutely gobbling up the switch.

Great minds think alike buuut.... i didn't say it was coming out ON the 3ds, i said it was coming out AFTER the 3ds was finished!

Oh I see. My bad then.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:
zorg1000 said:

There is also Yoshi & Fire Emblem confirmed for next year.

But when was it stated that Kirby was delayed?

I'm talking about for 3DS.

Kirby Battle Royale was originally supposed to release at the end of this year, but the latest direct said 2018, January I think.

Whoops my bad

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

You have good points, but I still see it as a worldwide 2018 release. New Leaf came out in Japan way back in November 2012 and Summer 2013 in the other major regions. Nintendo waiting 6 years to release a main series Animal Crossing title would be nuts and unprecedented (though the Switch has already done plenty of unprecedented things).
Nintendo skipped a main series Animal Crossing game on the Wii U, and the spin-off on the Wii U was poorly received. I think 2018 is still the best bet since I see Metroid and Pokemon as 2019 releases.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Wman1996 said:
You have good points, but I still see it as a worldwide 2018 release. New Leaf came out in Japan way back in November 2012 and Summer 2013 in the other major regions. Nintendo waiting 6 years to release a main series Animal Crossing title would be nuts and unprecedented (though the Switch has already done plenty of unprecedented things).
Nintendo skipped a main series Animal Crossing game on the Wii U, and the spin-off on the Wii U was poorly received. I think 2018 is still the best bet since I see Metroid and Pokemon as 2019 releases.

Thanks for the input. Well i would say holidays 2018 earliest, possibly early 2019. Would be lovely to see pokemon and/or metroid in 2018 but none of us know just when they are coming and i for 1 would rather they weren't released until absolutely ready and polished.

RolStoppable said:
Peach_buggy said:

Which leads me to believe it will be pushed back to late 2018 to accomodate the dropping of the 3ds.

But the 3DS is already in its final year that is noteworthy. Switch has to supplant a virtually dead 3DS in 2018.

But Rol, the 3DS is only selling a tiny bit behind the Xbox One for the year. That means it's still alive, right? Ri--oh.

I think we will see the same thing we seen this year. One or two big games from Nintendo a month, surrounded by third parties that braved up and jumped in, as well as the indies.

I think we see Animal Crossing for smartphones (since it was supposed to be released already I believe...) either Holidays this year or early next year, Pikmin (which they have been working on for a while), a true tactical Fire Emblem, Smash Bros (which was rumored by many even before the Switch released), Yoshi and Kirby filling in somewhere, and Animal Crossing in Fall to Holiday 2018 riding on the hopeful success of the smartphone game released earlier that year.

I think 2019 is too late for Animal Crossing especially with a mobile game that has been worked on for such a long time especially if they look to ride on the back of the mobile game being released.