By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why i believe Animal Crossing will come in 2019.

Peach_buggy said:
Shaunodon said:

What do you mean not ready. The game is playable right now on the WiiU.

Why would they leave such a spectacular game to rot on a system no one owns, just so no one can play it and they make no more money off of it. Surely the only sane option would be to port Smash 4 DX/Smash for Switch/Smash for WiiU for Switch DX.

Personally, i think they should work on a brand new Smash. There's already been two "enhanced ports" and if Nintendo release too many i think it would start to piss people off. Not sure Nintendo would risk pissing off the Smash crowd.

By this time next year the majority of Switch owners will probably be people that never owned a WiiU. Why would they be upset to get a port of a game they never got to play. And even a lot of WiiU owners have not had time to fully do everything that Smash4 has to offer, especially when you factor in all the DLC. I can't see too many people complaining about this.

Around the Network
Shaunodon said:
Peach_buggy said:

Personally, i think they should work on a brand new Smash. There's already been two "enhanced ports" and if Nintendo release too many i think it would start to piss people off. Not sure Nintendo would risk pissing off the Smash crowd.

By this time next year the majority of Switch owners will probably be people that never owned a WiiU. Why would they be upset to get a port of a game they never got to play. And even a lot of WiiU owners have not had time to fully do everything that Smash4 has to offer, especially when you factor in all the DLC. I can't see too many people complaining about this.

RolStoppable said:
Peach_buggy said:

I agree but i just think Nintendo will wait until they have "Officially declared it dead".

Makes no sense.

Well i think they would be discreet about it but it seems to me that chasing the 3ds crowd whilst it exists isn't something Nintendo is willing to do for the Switch atm. However, once their 3ds console of choice has been discontinued i can see Nintendo more actively pursuing them. I really don't see the point of having 2 competing consolews for too long and what better way to woo them on to Switch than with Animal Crossing?

Shaunodon said:
Peach_buggy said:

I'm a massive Mario Kart fan and played MK8 to death. Bought all the DLC. I refused to buy MK8D new because imo what had been added wasn't enough to warrant a full price purchase. I wasn't the only 1 either. I think people would feel much the same way about a Smash port, especially those who shelled out for DLC. The more remakes/enhanced ports Nintendo do, the more they will eventually alienate fans imo.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
But this is the last year for 3DS. We're past E3 and multiple Nintendo directs, yet Nintendo has no 1st party titles announced for 2018 asside from Kirby which is only there because it was delayed. Safe to assume they don't have anything more planned for it, so Animal Crossing totally can and should release 2018.

They did actually state that the 3ds was going nowhere in 2018 and beyond but i don't believe them about the "beyond" part. That's why i believe it will be discontinued in late 2018. Of course, if they hang it out even longer, then that makes much of my post pretty moot anyway.

Around the Network

.......ARE YOU ME!?!? I was literally about to make the exact same thread. My reasons for the prediction are different tho.

The Animal Crossing team in Nintendo is also the splatoon team. So based on recent release history, animal crossing should.be coming out in 2019.

Animal crossing new leaf- June 2013
Splatoon 1- may 2015
Splatoon 2- July 2017
Animal crossing- Mid 2019???
They will have splatoon 2 support throughout 2018 as well, so I doubt they will release the game then.

I heavily disagree on in being on the 3DS tho. Animal crossing' biggest audience is Japan, and they are absolutely gobbling up the switch.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
But this is the last year for 3DS. We're past E3 and multiple Nintendo directs, yet Nintendo has no 1st party titles announced for 2018 asside from Kirby which is only there because it was delayed. Safe to assume they don't have anything more planned for it, so Animal Crossing totally can and should release 2018.

There is also Yoshi & Fire Emblem confirmed for next year.

But when was it stated that Kirby was delayed?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

RolStoppable said:
Peach_buggy said:

Well i think they would be discreet about it but it seems to me that chasing the 3ds crowd whilst it exists isn't something Nintendo is willing to do for the Switch atm. However, once their 3ds console of choice has been discontinued i can see Nintendo more actively pursuing them. I really don't see the point of having 2 competing consolews for too long and what better way to woo them on to Switch than with Animal Crossing?

You are arguing under the premise that the Switch and 3DS are consoles that cannibalize each other, but in reality they don't compete. The 3DS is late adopter territory and their reasons for a console purchase differ from early adopters and mid-cycle adopters.

Your last sentence is confusing because at that point it looks like you are arguing for a 2018 release of Animal Crossing.

I think they do cannibalise each other to a certain extent. It wasn't so long ago Nintendo pissed off loads of fans when US/UM was announced for the 3ds. Most wanted it Switch-bound. Of course having 2 consoles which do handhelds kind of negates part of what the Switch stands for. I for one am surprised Nintendo haven't already opted to discontinue the 3ds family already, instead deciding to eke every last drop of profit/sales from it. The part that confused you is pretty simple really. My point is that i'm not set in stone saying i don't expect the game until 2019. I'm saying that i don't expect it until the 3ds is kaput. I just guessed Nintendo would optimise their release schedules and it wouldn't come out until early 2019. However it doesn't mean i'm not conducive to others' 2018 arguments.

flashfire926 said:
.......ARE YOU ME!?!? I was literally about to make the exact same thread. My reasons for the prediction are different tho.

The Animal Crossing team in Nintendo is also the splatoon team. So based on recent release history, animal crossing should.be coming out in 2019.

Animal crossing new leaf- June 2013
Splatoon 1- may 2015
Splatoon 2- July 2017
Animal crossing- Mid 2019???
They will have splatoon 2 support throughout 2018 as well, so I doubt they will release the game then.

I heavily disagree on in being on the 3DS tho. Animal crossing' biggest audience is Japan, and they are absolutely gobbling up the switch.

Great minds think alike buuut.... i didn't say it was coming out ON the 3ds, i said it was coming out AFTER the 3ds was finished!

Btw, people. I didn't make this thread with the intention of causing arguments, nor to be critical of anyone. It was just me, second guessing Nintendo's strategy with the Switch. Well, all of this is explained in the OP anyway.