By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Any K-Pop fans here?

K-Pop Yay or Nay?

Yay 27 65.85%

Nay 14 34.15%

Total:41

I enjoy listening to K-pop as well :)

Around the Network

Some, but I dont know them by name. I tend to avoid how they look and stuff too. The way K/J-pop stars dress is absolute cringe cringe the time. Idols are worse. Idols and JPop stars, are they the same or no?

Since 2011, admittedly though I've not been listening to much new the past few months.
If anyone here hasn't given KARD a listen please do. They are amazing and they promote overseas which is awesome. Not to mention they are a successful co-ed group which is basically unheard of.
Also Dreamcatcher, they aren't exactly popular but they are a girl group that has more of a J-Rock sound then your typical KPop.
But yeah I basically listen to anything, whether that be artists from the Big 3 to smaller groups like TOPPDOGG or recently Limesoda. There is very few sub genres in KPop that I don't enjoy.

Ka-pi96 said:
vivster said:

I think Chinese sounds adorable. If I wasn't already horribly failing at learning Japanese I would start learning Chinese.

hmm, I've never thought anybody would say Chinese sounds adorable. Sounds kind of like drunken slurred speech to me with all the shh in it

Yeah, but there are all those cute "ch" in there too. It's so adorable you can't take anyone serious in that language.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Ka-pi96 said:
vivster said:

Yeah, but there are all those cute "ch" in there too. It's so adorable you can't take anyone serious in that language.

So why aren't you studying Chinese already if you're that in to the language?

Because Japanese is like 10 times better? Duh!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
vivster said:

Because Japanese is like 10 times better? Duh!

So... do both simultaneously?

I don't even have time to do one of them properly. I'll learn Chinese eventually when they finally take over the world. And looking at current events it's probably not necessary to ever learn Korean.

I'm an ARMY :3 BTS >>> all, but i like K-Pop in general. I love G-Dragon and Big Bang too

The songs i'm listening to are (i put one for singer):

DNA - BTS (their most recent song)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBdVXkSdhwU
And all BTS stuffs :P

Untitled 2014 - G-Dragon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kaCAbIXuyg

Boombayah - Blackpink
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwmSjveL3Lc

At first I disliked Kpop, mostly because the industry is full of good looking idols with terrible styling and fake hair, and because the fandoms tend to be cringe worthy and obsessive.

And although Kpop sells looks almost as much as sounds, some of those sounds are really hot and catchy... And well, here I am now. It was fairly easy to get into it though, I already listened to (Mostly superior) Japanese songs of Korean acts such as BoA and AfterSchool anyway.

I'll post some videos later, but here's a list of who I listen to frequently: BoA, AfterSchool, TOUCH, and WA$$UP. Only like one or a couple of songs by: F(X), BlACKPINK, HyunA, 2NE1, T-Ara and whoever sings "One more time/day/night", Sistar?

Radek said:
V-r0cK said:
I enjoy listening to K-pop as well :)

What bands / artists you like?

I listen to all kinds these days. Was heavily listning to Big Bang, U-Kiss, Super Junior, 4Minute, Hyuna, Girls Generation, AOA etc.. tho some of those bands arent the same but still listen to them time to time.

I'm currently addicted to TWICE. My defense being that some of their songs are in Japanese.