By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2017 NPD Thread! Switch #1

Kerotan said:
Volterra_90 said:

I thought that the PS4 was going to win though, based on Destiny alone. September wasn't a huge month for the Switch if we talk about proper system-sellers (Rabbids might have done good, but I wouldn't call it a system seller though). October should be an easy month for the Switch, based on SMO and probably more stock.

Switch is supply constrained so doesn't follow the regular pattern of software selling hardware. 

Is it, though?

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/nintendoswitch/

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Kerotan said:

Lol you predicted ps4 would win.  I'll start cooking your crow now xD

Almost every1 did. Ps4 should be high this month and switch got good stock in at the end of the month (and D2 released)

Haven't looked at the figures.  Do we have an idea of what sort of numbers ps4/xb1/SW did? 

Kerotan said:
tbone51 said:

Almost every1 did. Ps4 should be high this month and switch got good stock in at the end of the month (and D2 released)

Haven't looked at the figures.  Do we have an idea of what sort of numbers ps4/xb1/SW did? 

Not yet if ever. 

tbone51 said:
Kerotan said:

Not yet if ever. 

Thanks Obama!!  Errr I mean Ethomaz! 

Boutros said:
kopstudent89 said:

"the Nintendo Switch system was once again the top-selling current-generation console hardware"

Carefully crafted statement. I think it'll be around the 200k mark

SNES Mini is current gen? lol

I meant I agree with you that it probably didn't outsell the SNES mini and that they intentionally said current gen, ie PS4/XBone

Around the Network
Insidb said:
Kerotan said:

Switch is supply constrained so doesn't follow the regular pattern of software selling hardware. 

Is it, though?

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/nintendoswitch/

I tracked this very closely last month.  The Switch had a lot of supply issues until the last...10 days maybe?  That's when the stock surged up to where it is now.  That's how the Switch went frlm behind PS4 on Amazon to above PS4.  Probably what got them the win for the month.

But October will be the first full month without supply issues.

kopstudent89 said:
Boutros said:

I'm pretty sure the SNES Mini is above but I don't think we have a confirmation either way.

"the Nintendo Switch system was once again the top-selling current-generation console hardware"

The statement certainly puts SNES mini over Switch...

By some people logic SNES mini is killing Switch

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
kopstudent89 said:

The statement certainly puts SNES mini over Switch...

By some people logic SNES mini is killing Switch

You keep trying to use that phrase.  I don't think it means what you think it means.

The “Switch > 2 million” figure is specifically for the US. NPD tracks all of North America if I’m not mistaken. I point this out because our earlier estimates for NPD numbers have Switch right around or slightly above 2 million as of last month.

the_dengle said:
The “Switch > 2 million” figure is specifically for the US. NPD tracks all of North America if I’m not mistaken. I point this out because our earlier estimates for NPD numbers have Switch right around or slightly above 2 million as of last month.

Every number we have ever had in these threads are US only.

kopstudent89 said:
Boutros said:

SNES Mini is current gen? lol

I meant I agree with you that it probably didn't outsell the SNES mini and that they intentionally said current gen, ie PS4/XBone

Oh right lol