By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo ranked 4th most trusted company

Zekkyou said:
A few of the entries on this list really highlight how effectively some companies are able to mask their shitty practises behind good PR, but even in an purely objective list i'd expect to see Nintendo rank well. I tend to doubt their honesty, but they're certainly reliable.

In reality, which I'm not sure most people are thinking about here, are any companies truly honest, though? In general, to me, a list of companies with "honesty" as a criteria is fairly laughable.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Zekkyou said:
A few of the entries on this list really highlight how effectively some companies are able to mask their shitty practises behind good PR, but even in an purely objective list i'd expect to see Nintendo rank well. I tend to doubt their honesty, but they're certainly reliable.

In reality, which I'm not sure most people are thinking about here, are any companies truly honest, though? In general, to me, a list of companies with "honesty" as a criteria is fairly laughable.

It's certainly one of the more tenuous criteria. I'd have included "i tend to doubt their honestly" with pretty much everyone on that list (but i still felt the need to mention it on a list that includes honestly as a criteria), but some are certainly worse than others. I'd have used much more aggressive wording for some of the other companies on this list :p

SpokenTruth said:
sethnintendo said:

You mean Germany right?  I thought Siemens was a German company.

He is saying they opened up an office in Japan 1 year before Nintendo was founded.

Oh I thought Japan was closed society back in the day.  I didn't think they opened up to foreigners at that time.

Mar1217 said:
Jranation said:

Japan wouldnt trust them in making handhelds again lol

Just for the "Emoji Movie", Sony should go in the "least trusted" category xD 

Havent watched the movie so cant say anything on it..... lol

Pocky Lover Boy! 

vgc said:
gentii said:

Forbes Japan have ranked Nintendo the fourth most trusted company in the world behind Siemens, Michelin Group and Alphabet (and ahead of Walt Disney, Carlsberg and Apple! 

Source : https://forbesjapan.com/articles/detail/18060

The report was conducted by market research firm Statista. From a survey which polled 15,000 people from a total of 60 countries, they have managed to compile a list of the 20 most trustworthy companies in the world.

The main criteria used in this report include reliability, honesty, prosocial behavior, employer attitude and products & services. While the top 10 companies were higher than the average on all categories, their marks were extremely high on reliability, honesty and products & services.

1. Siemens / Conglomerate / Germany
2. Michelin Group / Auto & Truck Parts / France
3. Alphabet / Computer Services / US
4. Nintendo / Recreational Products / Japan
5. Walt Disney / Broadcasting & Cable / US
6. Carlsberg / Beverages / Denmark
7. Apple / Computer Hardware / US
8. Ferrari / Automotive / Italy
9. Hilton / Hotels & Motels / US
10. Panasonic / Consumer Electronics / Japan
11. Marriott International / Hotels & Motels / US
12. Adidas / Apparel/Accessories / Germany
13. Toyota Motor / Auto & Truck Manufacturers / Japan
14. LG Electronics / Consumer Electronics / South Korea
15. Netflix / Internet & Catalog Retail / US
16. Microsoft / Software & Programming / US
17. SAP / Software & Programming / Germany
18. Geberit / Construction Materials / Switzerland
19. IBM / Computer Services / US
20. Volvo Group / Heavy Equipment / Sweden

Does it also say how many companies they have considered?

Around the Network
Acevil said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

Trusted in what sense?
Cause there are different interpretations of that word.
I assume not in the main sense since it says that Alphabet is even more trusted when we all know Alphabet is the parent company of Google and Google is an evil corporation. So of all meanings of the word "trusted" that I know of, none seems to fit the description. So I'm at a loss here.

Most likely trusted in quality. 

Yeah, that makes sense, Nintendo in terms of quality of products and software is pretty well know.

But really no company, whether Nintendo, Alphabet/Google, Amazon, Disney or who ever should ever be fully trusted. We have to give them some, but I always believe the screws are just hovering over head waiting to be forced down.

SpokenTruth said:
DonFerrari said:

Your list of points had product/service as meaningfull to the rank. Power and online infra is part of the part/service not the trust. Blame the ranking so.

Power is not a factor of trust.  That is a factor of desire.  Saying you don't trust Nintendo to make a powerful console is frankly silly when you are measuring the trust of the product to do what it is supposed to do.   If they release a Wii and you are expecting the power of a PS3, that's not a valid claim to say they are not trustworthy in their products.

If they make a Wii, claim it has the power of a Wii and it does, that is trust in the product.

Expectations derived from personal hopes and desires that are outside the scope of the intent of the company is your own fault.

Saying "I don't trust them to make a powerful console" is not what they are measuring as "trust".  You could easily reverse your statement to say "I trust Nintendo to make an lower powered console".  Both are correct from your perspective and both say trust or don't trust.  But again, that's not what it is measuring.

And how many times need I repeat that you yourself put that "product/service" was an evaluation category and that would fit? Or that trust isn't limited by what you think is trust, trust is much more expansive than limiting to ethics.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."