By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo ranked 4th most trusted company

A few of the entries on this list really highlight how effectively some companies are able to mask their shitty practises behind good PR, but even in an purely objective list i'd expect to see Nintendo rank well. I tend to doubt their honesty, but they're certainly reliable.

Around the Network

What are the rest? I can't read Japanese too well.

RolStoppable said:
Makes sense that Siemens is ranked high. My phone is a Siemens.

That and the name sounds dirty. Shows they got nothing to hide.

GoOnKid said:
Darashiva said:

Mostly how they've handled them historically, and how they still make some really strange decisions regarding online gameplay, like locking entire game modes in Splatoon 2 by rotating them at random. 

They lagged behind in terms of online infrastructures in the gen before the last one, that's true. That's a relic now.

Splatoons' rotation is intentional. Other games don't have it. This should be a critique of Splatoon instead of  Nintendo's online service instead.

The problem is, until they consistently for an extended period of time treat the online elements in their games in a manner suitable for current generation consoles, I don't trust them to handle things properly on that regard. They've certainly gotten better at it, but not enough for me to yet forget how backwards Nintendo sometimes does things.

SpokenTruth said:
DonFerrari said:

Power is and online is a measure of product/service.

Social behavior is a measure of how they portray themselves and their attitude to social media would be part, or are we talking about being environmentally friendly and things like that?

How is that untrustworthy?  You don't have make the most powerful product on the planet for its manufacturer to be considered trustworthy.

And yes, social behavior is related to the environment.  Social media would fall under PR and this doesn't really rank that.

Your list of points had product/service as meaningfull to the rank. Power and online infra is part of the part/service not the trust. Blame the ranking so.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
EricFabian said:
If we had Sony in the top, we would see some diferent reaction here

Japan wouldnt trust them in making handhelds again lol

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Good to see Nintendo rank so high :D I do trust them plenty. They make good hardware and software. They've never really let me down.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Fun facts: Siemens is 42 years older than Nintendo, opened its first office in Japan 1 year before Nintendo was founded and has 350.000 employees worldwide.

I didn‘t even know until now that Siemens is successful in Japan.

The list seems quite western dominated, I suppose the poll corresponds to its demographics. I would trust a few more Taiwan and Japanese companies then many of these other western companies.

okr said:

Fun facts: Siemens is 42 years older than Nintendo, opened its first office in Japan 1 year before Nintendo was founded and has 350.000 employees worldwide.

I didn‘t even know until now that Siemens is successful in Japan.

You mean Germany right?  I thought Siemens was a German company.