By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - We need to stop NRA (nonsensical rifle addiction)

sc94597 said:
deskpro2k3 said:

seems easier to buy 40 guns than buying yourself medicine.

Can you substantiate that claim? I can get illegal medicine without a prescription within the hour. I can't say the same thing about illegal guns. 

Okay then just the one box of Sudafed and these 40 guns.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

I love anti gun folks. Typically the same people I see protesting civil injustices by the police and who end every day praying for Trump to fall down a flight of stairs. These people believe that the only people who should have guns are the very police they protest. The only people who should have any access to firearms is the very government they claim is run by racist and bigots, etc.

I can't even begin to figure out how far down the rabbit hole people are to hold such nonsense positions.

I have a right to purchase and own firearms. Less I lose that by committing a felony or are deemed a risk to society that right is sacred. The fact that when someone does something illegal, even in an age where gun violence has dropped dramatically year after year after year, the first people these Nanny state betas come after are legal law abiding gun owners.

I'd say F off but that might be exercising my freedom of speech and considering how many people believe rights are not sacred I don't dare risk going down that hole.

deskpro2k3 said:
sc94597 said:

Can you substantiate that claim? I can get illegal medicine without a prescription within the hour. I can't say the same thing about illegal guns. 

Highly doubtyou've ever purchased a gun. Which is actually the vast majority of anti gun folks arguements come from; ignorance. 

There are no Anti-gun people, nobody is against all guns, the question is who has guns - only the police and military or the citizens as well.

Cubedramirez said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Highly doubtyou've ever purchased a gun. Which is actually the vast majority of anti gun folks arguements come from; ignorance. 

what anti-gun folk are you talking about? Nobody is talking about taking away guns, which is actually the mistake the vast majority of pro-gun folks believe in.

somebody that bought a bunch of semi automatic guns should raise some suspicions. people want laws that would prevent loonies from spraying down a bunch of people with bullets.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Ka-pi96 said:

And I don't know about you but I'd be assuming someone is a terrorist if they had a gun and would be calling the police ASAP...

You must think there are a lot of terrorists in the US then.

About 30%-40% of American households own a gun.  Guns are carried, both openly and concealed, by people everywhere.  Nobody gives a shit, because there is no problem.  

“Those who give up liberty for security deserve neither.” - Liberty to own guns.

DonFerrari said:
And just as a very relevant point for people here that believe in gun control.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/01/09/over-98-of-mass-shootings-occurred-on-gun-free-zones-research-shows/

You guys can check other sources, but the relevant information is that it claims that 98% of mass shooting occured in gun free zone, meaning, areas were the government is supposed to have total control of gun carried...

That article is pretty stupid though.

A imaginary gun free zone within a country that is riddled with guns is not really going to stop someone lol.

VAMatt said:
VGPolyglot said:

About 30%-40% of American households own a gun.  Guns are carried, both openly and concealed, by people everywhere.  Nobody gives a shit, because there is no problem.  

Until there is a lunatic with a military grade assault rifle who mows down dozens of people.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

deskpro2k3 said:
Cubedramirez said:

what anti-gun folk are you talking about? Nobody is talking about taking away guns, which is actually the mistake the vast majority of pro-gun folks believe in.

somebody that bought a bunch of semi automatic guns should raise some suspicions. people want laws that would prevent loonies from spraying down a bunch of people with bullets.

Read this whole thread and you will see some that want that no one have a gun.

VAMatt said:
VGPolyglot said:

I have walked at night both in Europe and USA and couldn't care less about if there were people armed or not, neither place have historic of being violent on this way independent of guns.

Now in Brazil that guns are prohibited I don't like to walk even in sunlight on parks.

solidpumar said:

“Those who give up liberty for security deserve neither.” - Liberty to own guns.

Usually won't have it as well.

Cobretti2 said:
DonFerrari said:
And just as a very relevant point for people here that believe in gun control.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/01/09/over-98-of-mass-shootings-occurred-on-gun-free-zones-research-shows/

You guys can check other sources, but the relevant information is that it claims that 98% of mass shooting occured in gun free zone, meaning, areas were the government is supposed to have total control of gun carried...

That article is pretty stupid though.

A imaginary gun free zone within a country that is riddled with guns is not really going to stop someone lol.

Except the law abbiding citizen doesn't go with his gun on a gfz but someone planning a mass shooting go. And considering the size of USA and that it can't prevent drugs to enter its territory that is massive then a gun restriction would mean only criminals with gun.

For a no gun law to be acceptable you would need to be perfectly sure NO ONE would get a gun (perhaps except training gun for shooting ranges, with non-lethal ammo). If you can't reach that you shall not prohibit legal owners to have it as well.

Qwark said:
VAMatt said:

Until there is a lunatic with a military grade assault rifle who mows down dozens of people.

I would gladly accept 1700 cases of mass shooting over the history of my country over 65000 people killed every year (with guns being prohibited).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."