By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Eighth Annual 50 Greatest Games Event! Sign Up Yall!

RolStoppable said:

Wright, we've been over this before. You like The Last Story, so you aren't one to judge quality.

But we aren't judging quality here, that's the whole point. You're selectively placing games in specific spots to sway people's interest in them, which is actively against the spirit of what OP is trying to do.

Bottom line is: I like The Last Story, and your list sucks because it isn't genuine in regards to how you feel toward those games.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

My list can never be completely genuine by virtue of this event stretching over 50 days. The list I make before the start of the event is unlikely to be the same exact list as the one I would make on December 31st.

Just like Objectivity, you can't never achieve complete genuineness with something like this, but you can try to come closer to it as much as you can. You've basically given zero effort (based on your admittance of having constructed it in a specific way to appease for outsiders' interest, which really doesn't care whether the list stretchs or not through time) to achieve the most genuine list you can come up with the rules you've been given.

Bottom line is your list still sucks  and you have the audacity to defend that. Double sin, double crime. I'd say your proper punishment would be a crow avatar.

RolStoppable said:

Would you think higher of my list if I put Super Mario Odyssey ahead of Picross 3D: Round 2?

You're trying to bribe me with a game neither of us has played?

i'm in

RolStoppable said:

No, I am only trying to show that you have a vendetta against Picross going on.

Picross is merely the assurance used to prove that you, indeed, deserve a crow avatar.

Around the Network
Jaicee said:
Alright, I'm officially in! I just post here to sign up, right?

Yup!

Okay, minor question: When we're doing this list, do we actually need to list the platforms we have it for like I see some people talking about? Because look, a number of the games on my list I have on multiple platforms. Let me give you an example:

SPOILER ALERT!

Okami will be somewhere on my list. I have it for PS2, Wii, and PS3, and am hoping to get the upcoming PS4 version as well because I like to always have the best possible version of that game, as it's kind of a treasured one for me. When I name it, do I really need to list all these systems that I have it for, just one (if so, which one and why?), OR can I just do what we do on every other list thread, avoid this whole debate, and just say "Okami", which would make life that much easier?

Jaicee said:

Okay, minor question: When we're doing this list, do we actually need to list the platforms we have it for like I see some people talking about?

You'd make OP's life much easier if you also list the platform, yeah.

Wright said:

You'd make OP's life much easier if you also list the platform, yeah.

All of them? Or which one? And why does it matter anyway? :P

RolStoppable said:

One is sufficient. Preferably a PlayStation version to calm down the mob.

Okay. I'll just pick my favorite version where this issue is applicable then.