By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Eighth Annual 50 Greatest Games Event! Sign Up Yall!

Jaicee said:
Wright said:

You'd make OP's life much easier if you also list the platform, yeah.

All of them? Or which one? And why does it matter anyway? :P

Because OP also makes a list per consoles, aside from the total 50 game list.

Around the Network
Wright said:

Because OP also makes a list per consoles, aside from the total 50 game list.

Oooh, okay! I wasn't here last year. Don't know this stuff.

Sign me up.

Also, I miss Smeags.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
Sign me up.

Also, I miss Smeags.

We all do

Leadified said:
theRepublic said:
Sign me up.

Also, I miss Smeags.

We all do

Thank you for taking over.  I am sure it is a big job.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

More technical fun!

SPOILER

Either Final Fantasy 4 or 6 will be somewhere on my list, as will a numbered installment of Ultima. My favorite versions of these games are for the Super NES and NES respectively, so that's what I'd be listing. However...

-The American version of FF 4 is labeled FF 2 on the cartridge.
-The American version of FF 6 is labeled FF 3 on the cartridge.
-The NES version of the Ultima game does not include the number, but only the rest of the title.

How should I label these games? I'm leaning toward including the number of the Ultima game anyway and also the original, Japanese installment number for the Final Fantasy game for the sake of clarity so that everyone knows what games I'm referring to, despite what it technically says on the particular cartridges I'll be referencing. Would that be the best approach?

Count me in!! My first time doing this and I'm excited :) so we just post once and edit it daily to add a game to the cumulative list?
Also, mario odyssey coming out on the 27th means my list won't be complete until then at the earliest since it will likely be there... is that okay or would it be better if I just exclude it?

Jaicee said:

More technical fun!

SPOILER

Either Final Fantasy 4 or 6 will be somewhere on my list, as will a numbered installment of Ultima. My favorite versions of these games are for the Super NES and NES respectively, so that's what I'd be listing. However...

-The NES version of the Ultima game does not include the number, but only the rest of the title.

How should I label these games? I'm leaning toward including the number of the Ultima game anyway and also the original, Japanese installment number for the Final Fantasy game for the sake of clarity so that everyone knows what games I'm referring to, despite what it technically says on the particular cartridges I'll be referencing. Would that be the best approach?

I usually list them as Final Fantasy IV (II) - SNES and Final Fantasy VI (III) - SNES.

Signature goes here!

Count me in friend

[] [] [] {} [] 

Jaicee said:

More technical fun!

SPOILER

I would use the original Japanese numbering or do what Trucks said.

LimaBean01 said:
Count me in!! My first time doing this and I'm excited :) so we just post once and edit it daily to add a game to the cumulative list?
Also, mario odyssey coming out on the 27th means my list won't be complete until then at the earliest since it will likely be there... is that okay or would it be better if I just exclude it?

Yes that's right and it's fine if it's going to take some time before your list is finished.