By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry vs FIFA on Switch

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-fifa-18-switch-face-off

Basically, it's a mix between the PS3/360 and PS4/Xbone versions graphically.

Core assets are taken from the last gen version, but textures, lighting, and effects are improved, plus it runs at 1080p when docked, compared to 720p on PS3/360.

Around the Network

So it's slightly better than the 7th gen version, but well below the 8th gen versions. And it's not as much a custom made version so much as a cleaned up version of old PS360 versions. So what everyone expected, then. It doesn't look like it's worth all the fuzz it generated.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Exactly what I've been saying when it was first announced. Something in between last and current gen.

Well, at least it's not a straight port of the PS360 versions, which was never out of the question with EA.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Glad it flopped sales wise, EA keep stitching up the consumer.

Around the Network

Funny how they totally ignore the Pro version of FIFA 18 (like they did with FIFA 17 and many others sports game).

I mean anytime XBX has a native 4K game announced (which is not often) they talk about like it is the second coming, unprecedented, etc.

Now we have a AAA game, one of the best selling game in UK, running at native 4K 60fps on PS4 PRO since last year (with FIFA17) and Digital Foundry barely talk about it.

I am sure they will talk about it when it'll be on a Microsoft machine running at True 4K...

well who honestly expected it to be PS4 quality?

It is what it is and it runs great on the switch

Darwinianevolution said:
So it's slightly better than the 7th gen version, but well below the 8th gen versions. And it's not as much a custom made version so much as a cleaned up version of old PS360 versions. So what everyone expected, then. It doesn't look like it's worth all the fuzz it generated.

I don see how with better textures, better post-processing, better details, better lighting, better effects and normal mapping, and 1080p resolution can be slightly better than 7th gen version.

Port is somewhere between PS3/Xbox 360 and PS4 version.

Random_Matt said:
Glad it flopped sales wise, EA keep stitching up the consumer.

Who said it flopped sales wise!?

Form what I heard form a friend of mine, the game is actually quite good. It's not the same as the Ps4 version, but sincnce there aren't many avaliable options to play it on the go, it's worth it.

So better textures, better details, better post-processing, better lighting, better effects and normal mapping, and 1080p resolution compared to PS3/Xbox360, and there are still some people that think thats Switch is power wise just little above PS3/Xbox360. :D

In any case port is somewhere between PS3/Xbox360 and PS4 versions and definitely look like good port.