By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Gran Turismo Sport will outsell all Xbox One Forza Games Combined

Good prediction right?

Yes, good prediction dude 100 43.10%

Prediction is shit 111 47.84%

150 cars 14 6.03%

4 year dev 7 3.02%

Total:232
bluedawgs said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I don't know anything about GT, and I only played a little bit of GT PSP as a kid along time ago, but I thought GT Sport was a side game more or less meant to deliver a PS4 GT experience before the main game comes out in the next two years? Isn't Sport a multiplayer centric side game?

Did you read my post that you just responded to

I mean, I did read it. I'm asking for clarification because i've heard the opposite from pretty much every knowledgable GT fan ... 

Around the Network
bluedawgs said:
Chris Hu said:

I guess you can't handle the truth.

You guess wrong lol. The gif was posted because now you're trying to derail and what you said was just straight up dumb. I told you the devs have stated it is the next mainline GT* yet your response was basically "nuh uh, no content or campaign so its a prologue" like what

* http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/ps4/news/a794751/gran-turismo-sport-is-gran-turismo-7-after-all/

LOL, nope plus that article is ancient since then the have added little to no new content so what I said before stands its a slightly enhanced Prolouge game not a main GT game better luck next time.

Chris Hu said:

I don't know anything about GT, and I only played a little bit of GT PSP as a kid along time ago, but I thought GT Sport was a side game more or less meant to deliver a PS4 GT experience before the main game comes out in the next two years? Isn't Sport a multiplayer centric side game?

Yeap, its a slightly enhanced Prolouge game at best not a main and proper GT game.

Now i'm so confused xD Which GT fan to listen to? I've heard your  viewpoint before but never OP's

bluedawgs said:
Chris Hu said:

I guess you can't handle the truth.

You guess wrong lol. The gif was posted because now you're trying to derail and what you said was just straight up dumb. I told you the devs have stated it is the next mainline GT* yet your response was basically "nuh uh, no content or campaign so its a prologue" like what

* http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/ps4/news/a794751/gran-turismo-sport-is-gran-turismo-7-after-all/

The article says it COULD have been called GT7 but they wanted it to be "different"

That's like saying halo 3 odst could have been called Halo 4 ... 

bluedawgs said:
hudsoniscool said:
Forza 6 is just barely out pacing forza 5 when you align sells. So both games will end up around 2.4 million ish. Yet you expect 7 to do only2. You also expect all forza games to stop selling copies I guess. Your 10.2 should really be about 13 when these games actually finish selling copies. And that's also retail only. So u expect gran turismo sport to do 13 million retail total like 20 million(including digital). That seams pretty high sales for anyone to expect.

Forza 5 is dead, Forza 6 is about to be if not already dead, Forza Horizon 2 is dead, and Forza 7 won't do much more than 2 million if it even sells that much at all. Forza Horizon 3 could maybe get 500k to 1 million more copies sold, other than that yeah I stick with what I said. I'll give Forza physical at the very most 11 million copies.

Now in regards to the bolded: 

No, I do not predict that GT Sport will sell an additioanl 6-7 million copies digitally, at best 2-2.5 million

Lol so yoy think all forza games are dead sales wise besides fh3. Which has done 2.5 million in 10-11 months of charted data but u expect only .5 million lifetime more.  You think a gt sport is going to sell 13 million copies retail when it's been proven over and over again that the racing genre is no where near the size it used to be. But the part that is outlandish to you is sport having a 33% digital market share. Recent publisher financials show that aaa games are in the 25-35% range now and only going higher and higher. 

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Welp, OP's been banned for a month, so ... we're not going to get responses anytime soon.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Now i'm so confused xD Which GT fan to listen to? I've heard your  viewpoint before but never OP's

Chris Hu is as much of a GT fan as he is a Dallas Cowboys fan.

I played all of the main GT games so I'm actually much more of GT fan then a Dallas Cowboy fan never really liked that team even when they where good in the 90s they where highly overrated.  That being said the best sports teams from the 90s are the two three peat Chicago Bulls no other teams are even close.

Welp, OP's been banned for a month, so ... we're not going to get responses anytime soon.

Its not a main GT game even most die hard GT fans would admit to that.

Gran turismo 7 maybe but I considered sport to be a glorified prologue. So I dunno.

OP got banned? Was it because of this?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I doubt it to be honest. 13,000,000 is a huge ask for a genre that frankly isn't as popular as it used to be. I could see it selling 8 million units though. Which is still huge.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.