By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Gran Turismo Sport will outsell all Xbox One Forza Games Combined

Good prediction right?

Yes, good prediction dude 100 43.10%

Prediction is shit 111 47.84%

150 cars 14 6.03%

4 year dev 7 3.02%

Total:232

I will make the not so bold prediction that in terms of life time sales, Gran Turismo Sport will outsell every current Xbox One Forza game, including the Forza Horizon series and including Forza Motorsport 7, combined.

Gran Turismo Sport: 13,000,000

Forza 5: 2.31 Million

Forza 6: 2.00 Million

Forza Horizon 2: 1.41 Million

Forza Horizon 3: 2.52 Million

Forza 7: Unknown (probably 2 million lifetime)

Forza Xbox One games combined = 8,240,000, but we'll add on Forza 7 and get 10,240,000

Around the Network

It wouldn't surprise me, honestly.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Considering how Gran turismo games sales have been i wouldnt be surprised, gran turismo 6 sold 5million when ps3 was dying just at the launch year of ps4

Machina said:
What about FH4 (2018), F8 (2019), probably FH5 (2020), and maybe F9 (2021)?

I planned ahead in anticipation of a post like this, which is why i said "Gran Turismo Sport will outsell every current Xbox One Forza game"

Edit: I forgot to actually answer the question. Unless Gran Turismo Sport is the highest selling GT game ever, which it will have to sell over 15 million to do, or the next 4 Forza games are flops, I can't see any possible way Gran Turismo Sport will outsell all of them combined

Forza Motorsport 7 will be the Lowest selling game in the series, i dont think it will reach Forza 6 numbers.

The game is at #109 in Amazon.

For a game released a couple of days ago, that is HORRIBLE no matter how you slice it.

If GT Sport manages to catch the attention of old aficionados and new audience seeking for a racing sim on the PS4, i think it could be done.

It wont be easy, but it is not impossibru!

Around the Network

It can happen but im not entirely sure.

Me: LOL U FUCKING CRAZY
*Sees XBO Forza numbers*
Me: Never mind, didnt realise Forza had died in the ass. Should have known seeing as how frequent they release and how poor XBO sales are.

RolStoppable said:
bluedawgs said:

I planned ahead in anticipation of a post like this, which is why i said "Gran Turismo Sport will outsell every current Xbox One Forza game"

Edit: I forgot to actually answer the question. Unless Gran Turismo Sport is the highest selling GT game ever, which it will have to sell over 15 million to do, or the next 4 Forza games are flops, I can't see any possible way Gran Turismo Sport will outsell all of them combined

You are essentially predicting this to be the highest selling GT game ever though. You put it at 13m without digital.

That is true, perhaps better wording would be "by far the highest selling GT game ever"

Though to be honest my 13 million prediction included digital and physical, but now I see I would need to estimate and add Forza's digital sales for each title, add them up and then insert them into the thread if I wanted to stick to that. So yes 13 million physical.

you got me

It's a bold prediction but who knows, right?

I would have gone with a more conservative prediction: GT Sport outselling Forza 7 but outselling all those games combined sounds like a risky prediction.

So you predict it'll be the second best selling racing game of the generation?