By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Virtual Console

My question is, what game(s) would you like to see on the Virtual Console.  

Even before that there were masses of games which lasted and lasted.  They were practically unbeatable because of their massive length. (and often lack of a save feature)

Personally there are a few from the SNES and NES era which I am dieing to see come back. 

The Megaman series (NES Capcom) - The bosses were incredibly difficult, and the levels were just as tough.  Making precarious jumps, and killing off well placed enemies.  This game has you screaming with anger, and oddly enough completely addicted at the same time.   When you did beat a boss, you not only beat him, you stole his power.  Back in those days it was a good game if you had a pea shooter, but here is a game that allows you to get upwards of 8 different attacks.  Of course, after they went to Megaman X series things started going downhill fast.  (Jump was the button that changed your powers)

Zombies  Ate My Neighbors (SNES Konami)- 48 levels of HELL.  You start out killing off zombies with a water pistol, simple enough seeing as they only take one hit.  But at a certain point you get bazookas and giant snakes shooting up from the ground trying to kill you.  Them being almost impossible to kill, seeing as how they take so many god damned hits!!!  The game was an unforgettable tribute to B horror movies.  Oh, and who wouldn't remember the giant baby running around with his bottle, trying to squish you.

Mutant League Hockey (genesis) - Bored with regular hockey? Wait until you see Mutant League Hockey.  A game that puts you in a hockey match against the deformed mutants and everyones trying to kill eachother.  When you pause the game, you can turn on weapons mode where chainsaws and bats are thrown into the ring and you can quickly kill off the entire enemy team.  Classic.

Breath of Fire 1 and 2 (SNES Square) - Two incredibly long RPG's which have a similar battle style to Final Fantasy X.  These games had a strong story line about a hero from the Light Dragon Clan's battles to restore peace to the land.

Around the Network

secret of evermore. secret of mana(square) SNES

super ninja brothers(culture brain) SNES

Lufia 1&2(taito) SNES

Super mario 2&3  Nes

Sparkster(konami) Snes

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

MynameisGARY

Space Megaforce (SNES) best shooter on the system Super Metroid DOOM 64 There are too many to list I am sure I will download over a hundred! Really looking forward to NEO-GEO Games that are coming. I am surprised that Nintendo claims they only have 3.3 mil purchases. I already have over 15, most people must not be retroing it. I think this is one of the best features of the system!

Megaman series Donkey kong country 3 Goldeneye 007 banjo kazooie/tooie (/cry will never happen, @#*((*@# rare and MS) wave race 64 Battletoads some more mario world

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network
weezy said:

Sparkster(konami) Snes

omg how could i ever forget that game, it was INSANE fun!

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

I think the original Megaman has been ESRB-rated for Virtual Console release, so we should be seeing it soon. I'd love to see Sunset Riders (SNES), Blaster Master (NES), Legendary Axe (TG-16) and the Valis series (NES, TG-16, Genesis) at some point. Really looking forward to the Neo-Geo titles.

Zombies Ate My Neighbors definitely. Super Metroid. Streets of Rage. Smash Bros would be pretty cool.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

hey Neos, http://youtube.com/watch?v=HaVOoGMpTN8

MynameisGARY

DarkD said:

Breath of Fire 1 and 2 (SNES Square)

Breath of Fire is from Capcom. I wouldn't have mentioned that if it weren't an rpg, but I think it's important to see that also other companies than square-enix are able to produce great rpgs.

I hope that there will be some games that haven't been published in europe back in the days as, for example, the Mario RPG on the SNES.

I haven't purchased any games on virtual console yet, I own the games (or at least a remake of them) which I like already. I still have my SNES and my N64 installed so I can play them whenever I feel like.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)