By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - 25th Sept. - 1st Oct 2017

Lawlight said:
RolStoppable said:

From resellers, yes. That's not the same as in stock though.

Considering that we get weekly sales from Japan every week - almost all of them had the Switch in #1 and most of the time by a comfortable margin - and NPD result on a monthly basis, is it really necessary to wait for official shipment numbers when it is already confirmed that Switch has been beasting in the two biggest video game markets?

Yes, it is important to wait for shipments because these are still only 2 countries, 1 in which the margin of victory is very low.

How is the margin of Victory in the US very low? The switch has taken 4 months, the PS4, 2 months. That's double for the switch. I wouldn't call that very low.

Around the Network
Green098 said:
killeryoshis said:
Pokemon and Animal Crossing are not coming in 2018. Pokemon is simply not ready. The Splatoon team and the Animal Crossing team are the same thing. Do not expect anything until 2019. Honestly Nintendo is just fine for the 1st half of the year. They have Fire Emblem, Yoshi and Kirby to do some sales. Whatever Nintendo has for the 2nd half will be saved for E3.

My money is that we will get Retro's game and 2D mario by the 2nd half of 2018. 2D mario alone will be boost Switch sales to unbelievable heights.

I'd say no. Nintendo need at least one of their biggest IP's releasing in 2018 and that consists of Mario, Pokemon and Animal Crossing (their IP's that have been 10 million+ sellers before). 

Animal Crossing New Leaf came out in 2012, they've had plenty of time to be working on one even with Splatoon. By 2018 that will be six years since it finished development, and Splatoon games have a very quick development time like most shooters, compared to big games like Zelda. I'd say we are overdue for a new mainline Animal Crossing game especially since the Wii U didn't get one. Nintendo is a big company they can handle the output of these games especially with 3DS getting more and more out of the picture.

Pokemon we know already has a 2018/19 release date, so it is possible and is commonly a yearly release. I think it could either way, I don't know how you could say it is simply not ready, when we don't know how far in development it is.

Mario games come out every year, it's just whether they're more mainline or spin-off is the question. A big mainline 3D Mario game is coming out in 2017, so the other options would be a 2D Mario game or a higher tier spin-off like Mario Kart 9, but it may be too close to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's release for that just yet.

There is also Super Smash Bros, but if it's a enhanced port which I think it will be it doesn't count just as much.

We have to be getting a brand new title of at least one of Nintendo's big flagship IP's in 2018, the 3DS and Wii U both managed to do this in there second year, there is no excuse for the Switch not to.

My money's on Smash Bros 4DX/5 and Animal Crossing(or Pokemon instead of Animal Crossing), plus Retros game, Pikmin 4...

Animal Crossing should be set for 2018. They're probably just timing it for the Smartphone release. Since it could have a PoGo effect.

Im hoping for Pokemon to be in 2018 too. Especially if they have been working for it since Sun and Moon. Then yeah theres Smash Deluxe. Will bring the hype for sure!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

VGPolyglot said:

Well, I guess it makes sense that it'd be losing steam, with Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Warriors Orochi, One Piece Pirate Warriors, Fist of the North Star Warriros(?), Dragon Quest Warriors, Hyrule Warriors, Fire Emblem Warriors and whatever else that's a lot of games to take in.

I mean, at this point, you just choose whichever IP interests you the most if you want to play musou - it's not so much that the market's flooded as you're able to better align it to your tastes with all that choice. It seems Fire Emblem wasn't really consumer's choice, just like Arslan and Berserk did poorly too.

Jranation said:
Animal Crossing should be set for 2018. They're probably just timing it for the Smartphone release. Since it could have a PoGo effect.

Im hoping for Pokemon to be in 2018 too. Especially if they have been working for it since Sun and Moon. Then yeah theres Smash Deluxe. Will bring the hype for sure!

Smash Deluxe? 4 years after the latest Smash Bros.? They should be making a new one by now xD

Around the Network
guiduc said:
Jranation said:

Smash Deluxe? 4 years after the latest Smash Bros.? They should be making a new one by now xD

Have you no sympathy for Sakurai's well being lol? I'm sure he couldn't even be bothered with a port, they'll probably get another team to do it.

guiduc said:
Jranation said:

They did continue to make content for Smash until February 2016 (Bayonetta and Corrin) so a brand new Smash title would be pretty far off.

Signature goes here!

Clearly "dead on arrival."

The Wii U I mean.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Green098 said:
guiduc said:

Have you no sympathy for Sakurai's well being lol? I'm sure he couldn't even be bothered with a port, they'll probably get another team to do it.

I actually don't xD Guy needs to learn how to devolve tasks

Green098 said:
guiduc said:

i remember hearing about sakurai working on a new ip,but yeah,the man deserves a break.Smash is already balanced enough,nintendo could find another team to do the job.