By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft Is Trying to Keep PUBG Off PS4 for Longer

flashfire926 said:
Azuren said:
Dick move by Microsoft. Hypocritical one, too. Of course, nothing I'm saying here hasn't already been said.

I personally wouldn't mind if Microsoft kept it, but it seems that not going to be an option for Sony considering the massive following for the game.

So this is a dick move, while Sony moneyhatting Monster hunter away from Nintendo isn't? What about Modern warfare remastered standalone launching on PS4 earlier, even though the game was already finished for Xbone as well? What about all those cod and destiny deal where Sony locks out content from Xbox and pc? Xbox users have to pay the same $60, but for less content than the PS4 version. Meanwhile PUBG will be the exact same experience on PlayStation, just a bit later.  All these posts talk like Sony has never done anything like this ever.

Never said Sony doesn't make dick moves.

This isn't a topic about Monster Hunter (though if you want to discuss that, I welcome you to do so on my wall).

This isn't a topic about Call of Duty.

This isn't a topic about Destiny.

You seem to have inserted a lot of presumptions about my character into this post, not to mention bringing up three different off topic discussions simultaneously. Like I said previously, I don't care if Microsoft keeps it. The only issue is Sony most likely does care.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:

Has that ever been confirmed?

No, it's mostly just a conspiracy theory so far ... 

The reason Monster Hunter World isn't releasing on the Switch is mostly because of low performance ... (it's already 30FPS on consoles) 

Capcom knows their demographics best and the reasoning breaks down when we take a look at the fact that they were inclusive to a Microsoft game console which has almost no history of Monster Hunter games aside from the MMORPG spinoff ... 

Capcom would've been far more willing to announce a Switch version if they could do so for the X1 but it seems more plausible to say that Sony moneyhatted Capcom to build/rig the game so it couldn't run on the Switch or systems of similar tier ... (I guess this changes the motivation behind paid exclusivity to be technical rather than intentional)

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
fatslob-:O said:

People argue that competition is required for consumerism to flourish but we see that this is not the case in vast portions of our life ... (see elastic demand)

Many goods and services in life are monopolized from one extent to another but a monopoly can in fact actually self-destruct if customers can't handle the compromises set by producers or service providers ... 

Switch being the only portable console so far is not a problem since there's no extreme impediments for it but that doesn't mean consumers can't react differently to how the change in Switch systems are sold when the said manufacturer has a monopoly. For monopolies such as the Switch to be sustainable or any monopolies for that matter the manufacturer's have to be reasonable about parameters such as pricing (very few are going to buy a Switch system at $1000 so settling for $300 is in the realm of being acceptable) or support (Nintendo still has to release games on the Switch regardless of monopoly or not) 

Thanks. To clarify I wasn't saying you were wrong. Just wanted your opinion.

DonFerrari said:

I wouldn't like a PS5 being hibrid... and when I said PSVita with full PS4 library I was giving an example, meaning that on launch of PS5 we also get a handheld and or a hibrid that can play PS5 games with some acceptable compromise (akin to what Switch have and PSVita was supposed to have)

So you want Sony to have a handheld that has the exact same library as the PS5 but be compromised? 

I mean ... that could work .... but they'd sell it only in Japan pretty much. I'd rather Sony try to go all in or not play at all, that was the problem with the Vita to begin with.

I don't want this per se... I don't have interest in HH or hibrids at the moment. I said that I don't want PS5 to be a hibrid, but that if Sony see potential on doing HH again becase of Switch that they make a HH that can play the full library of PS5 (it will be compromised, Switch is compromised). I don't want to pay more money for less hardware on what matters to me (paying more for portability and screen to get less power is bad for me) but wouldn't mind Sony having 3 or 4 options going from regular console, hibrid, pure HH and some compatibility for smartphone and tablet.

But on my on preferance they would have PS5Lite and Pro at launch so that people that want to pay up to 1k USD on HW could buy the best HW Sony could think of (yet we know that the difference between the games on the Lite and Pro would be very small because Lite would sell more and be baseline).

VGPolyglot said:
flashfire926 said:

So this is a dick move, while Sony moneyhatting Monster hunter away from Nintendo isn't? What about Modern warfare remastered standalone launching on PS4 earlier, even though the game was already finished for Xbone as well? What about all those cod and destiny deal where Sony locks out content from Xbox and pc? Xbox users have to pay the same $60, but for less content than the PS4 version. Meanwhile PUBG will be the exact same experience on PlayStation, just a bit later.  All these posts talk like Sony has never done anything like this ever.

Just on leaker imagination and people that buy the though.

flashfire926 said:
DonFerrari said:

Nope the Order isn't worth 60 because it's a bad game. That doesn't make WiiU games AAA, neither the Wii games... care to look at their budgets and sales? Because I'm quite sure a lot of users here told devs to learn with Nintendo how to use little cash to make big sales.

Compare the budget of Zelda with Horizon, Mario with Uncharted and look how far they are.

In that case, Nintendo games being overpriced is completely your opinion. Most people who buy their are satisfied with the game they got for $60, and don't give a shit about what the budget of the game was. They only care about the fact that they got their money's worth.

Also there is no way BOTW and Odyssey aren't AAA. Both of them look to have a bigger budget than stuff like Street Fighter V and Overwatch, along with other games that get classed as AAA without hesitation.

It's overpriced because their profit margin is just to high just that. When you buy a smartphone that have profit margin of 70% wouldn't you say it was overpriced? Because it could be half the price and still grant healthy profit for the maker.

Look to have? Do you have any figures for it? I remember quite well that Nintendo excuse for WiiU lack of game was that they weren't used to such big deving environment and the HD world? So BOTW and Odyssey could be AAA (we need to have the numbers to see). But the runaway success for Wii weren't even near the level of AAA budget yet they sold for 60 USD several years after release and userbase defend that move because "it keeps the value of the game". So that is asking to be overpriced.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Azuren said:
flashfire926 said:

This isn't a topic about Monster Hunter (though if you want to discuss that, I welcome you to do so on my wall).

You seem to have inserted a lot of presumptions about my character into this post, not to mention bringing up three different off topic discussions simultaneously. Like I said previously, I don't care if Microsoft keeps it. The only issue is Sony most likely does care.

Maybe I am making assumptions. if so, then I'm sorry. I'm just a bit miffed about how Microsoft gets shitted on when they do this, while nobody bats an eye Sony for doing very similar things.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
Azuren said:

Maybe I am making assumptions. if so, then I'm sorry. I'm just a bit miffed about how Microsoft gets shitted on when they do this, while nobody bats an eye Sony for doing very similar things.

I don't think the issue here is that they're doing it, but that Phil Spencer once attempted to virtue signal about not doing it.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
flashfire926 said:

Think about it. Monster hunter is very popular in Japan. The 3DS has 20m+ units sold there. The PS4 has around 5m units there. Switch has sold 1.5m in just 6 months.  Why would Capcom in their right mind have monster hunter on PS4 rather than 3DS and switch? Because Sony gave them money. Infact, capcom is halfway in sony's pocket. Capcom itself doesn't have funds itself to make huge games, and the budget presentation of MvCi is proof of that. Street fighter 5 has much better presentation put into it. Why? Because Sony itself funded the game. Also, what about Okami HD? There is no excuse for that not being on switch. It would easily be the bestselling version if it existed. What about no localization for mhXX for outside Japan? Sony is the one pulling Capcom's strings in the backstage, it's just not visible to us.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Think about it. Monster hunter is very popular in Japan. The 3DS has 20m+ units sold there. The PS4 has around 5m units there. Switch has sold 1.5m in just 6 months.  Why would Capcom in their right mind have monster hunter on PS4 rather than 3DS and switch? Because Sony gave them money. Infact, capcom is halfway in sony's pocket. Capcom itself doesn't have funds itself to make huge games, and the budget presentation of MvCi is proof of that. Street fighter 5 has much better presentation put into it. Why? Because Sony itself funded the game. Also, what about Okami HD? There is no excuse for that not being on switch. It would easily be the bestselling version if it existed. What about no localization for mhXX for outside Japan? Sony is the one pulling Capcom's string in the backstage, it's just visible to us.

flashfire926 said:
Azuren said:

Why get mad on a company's behalf? People tend to get angry when Microsoft does it because of their low market position. People buy a PS4 expecting to get these games due to the huge userbase. Considering that Xbox games aren't even exclusives, these keepaway moves with assumed multis tend to look more spiteful than anything else. And in the case of games like Tomb Raider, they don't seem to be gaining them mindshare. MS really don't help themselves much when they come off as "woe is me" like they're not a company with a half a trillion dollar market cap when they get blowback.

flashfire926 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Think about it. Monster hunter is very popular in Japan. The 3DS has 20m+ units sold there. The PS4 has around 5m units there. Switch has sold 1.5m in just 6 months.  Why would Capcom in their right mind have monster hunter on PS4 rather than 3DS and switch? Because Sony gave them money. Infact, capcom is halfway in sony's pocket. Capcom itself doesn't have funds itself to make huge games, and the budget presentation of MvCi is proof of that. Street fighter 5 has much better presentation put into it. Why? Because Sony itself funded the game. Also, what about Okami HD? There is no excuse for that not being on switch. It would easily be the bestselling version if it existed. What about no localization for mhXX for outside Japan? Sony is the one pulling Capcom's strings in the backstage, it's just not visible to us.

So you aren't part of the bandwagon that affirms that Capcom was lying for a full year on lacking funds for SF V just to justify the PS4 exclusivity? Good.

Sony could be moneyhatting it, but so far is only conspiracy theory... It could have to do with the fact the version was decided before Switch release and PS4 already having 60M userbase.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
flashfire926 said:

Think about it. Monster hunter is very popular in Japan. The 3DS has 20m+ units sold there. The PS4 has around 5m units there. Switch has sold 1.5m in just 6 months.  Why would Capcom in their right mind have monster hunter on PS4 rather than 3DS and switch? Because Sony gave them money. Infact, capcom is halfway in sony's pocket. Capcom itself doesn't have funds itself to make huge games, and the budget presentation of MvCi is proof of that. Street fighter 5 has much better presentation put into it. Why? Because Sony itself funded the game. Also, what about Okami HD? There is no excuse for that not being on switch. It would easily be the bestselling version if it existed. What about no localization for mhXX for outside Japan? Sony is the one pulling Capcom's string in the backstage, it's just visible to us.

Lmao, this gave me a good chuckle.

reading my post again makes me realized how overdramatic I went with the wording. And btw the last sentence was a typo, it's supposed to be "it's not visible to us"

Bet with Intrinsic: