By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft Is Trying to Keep PUBG Off PS4 for Longer

Dick move by Microsoft. Hypocritical one, too. Of course, nothing I'm saying here hasn't already been said.

I personally wouldn't mind if Microsoft kept it, but it seems that not going to be an option for Sony considering the massive following for the game.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
flashfire926 said:

Lol what a waste of a post we have here. It doesn't matter the budget is mid-tier when the game is better than most other AAA games out there.  AAA doesn't always equal a better product, and stuff like the Order 1886 and Mass Effect Andromeda are proof of that. Besides, what Nintendo games would you argue are not AAA? Pokemon is one, but that is $40 anyways.

Waste of post? Nope. If you condone a company overcharging you.

Most Nintendo games have a budget that is minuscule compared to AAA, and that is what defines an AAA game, not your love of it or impression of it, but the budget. There are several holywood movies that were done on 1M or so and sold several dozen of millions, they aren't AAA even if they sold more than several ones.

Lol looks like you didn't even read my post. Nintendo deserves all those sales cause the quality of the game is awesome. 

Their big games like MARIO odyssey, Zelda Botw, and splatoon 2 do have a big enough budget to be called AAA. I like how something is dismissed as non-AAA just cause it looks cartoony. You should play the games before passing judgements on them you know.

okay, for a moment let's pretend Zelda BOTW is not AAA. So The Order 1866 is worth $60 cause it's AAA, and Zelda BOTW isn't worth $60 because AA. That's some flawed logic right there. Budget means jack shit when the game itself turns out to be total shit. 

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
DonFerrari said:

Waste of post? Nope. If you condone a company overcharging you.

Most Nintendo games have a budget that is minuscule compared to AAA, and that is what defines an AAA game, not your love of it or impression of it, but the budget. There are several holywood movies that were done on 1M or so and sold several dozen of millions, they aren't AAA even if they sold more than several ones.

Lol looks like you didn't even read my post. Nintendo deserves all those sales cause the quality of the game is awesome. 

Their big games like MARIO odyssey, Zelda Botw, and splatoon 2 do have a big enough budget to be called AAA. I like how something is dismissed as non-AAA just cause it looks cartoony. You should play the games before passing judgements on them you know.

okay, for a moment let's pretend Zelda BOTW is not AAA. So The Order 1866 is worth $60 cause it's AAA, and Zelda BOTW isn't worth $60 because AA. That's some flawed logic right there. Budget means jack shit when the game itself turns out to be total shit. 

Nope the Order isn't worth 60 because it's a bad game. That doesn't make WiiU games AAA, neither the Wii games... care to look at their budgets and sales? Because I'm quite sure a lot of users here told devs to learn with Nintendo how to use little cash to make big sales.

Compare the budget of Zelda with Horizon, Mario with Uncharted and look how far they are.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Azuren said:
Dick move by Microsoft. Hypocritical one, too. Of course, nothing I'm saying here hasn't already been said.

I personally wouldn't mind if Microsoft kept it, but it seems that not going to be an option for Sony considering the massive following for the game.

So this is a dick move, while Sony moneyhatting Monster hunter away from Nintendo isn't? What about Modern warfare remastered standalone launching on PS4 earlier, even though the game was already finished for Xbone as well? What about all those cod and destiny deal where Sony locks out content from Xbox and pc? Xbox users have to pay the same $60, but for less content than the PS4 version. Meanwhile PUBG will be the exact same experience on PlayStation, just a bit later.  All these posts talk like Sony has never done anything like this ever.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

fatslob-:O said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

You said competition is not always important and can often even be a hinderence. I asked if Switch is applicable to this, being the only forseeable handheld right now. 

People argue that competition is required for consumerism to flourish but we see that this is not the case in vast portions of our life ... (see elastic demand)

Many goods and services in life are monopolized from one extent to another but a monopoly can in fact actually self-destruct if customers can't handle the compromises set by producers or service providers ... 

Switch being the only portable console so far is not a problem since there's no extreme impediments for it but that doesn't mean consumers can't react differently to how the change in Switch systems are sold when the said manufacturer has a monopoly. For monopolies such as the Switch to be sustainable or any monopolies for that matter the manufacturer's have to be reasonable about parameters such as pricing (very few are going to buy a Switch system at $1000 so settling for $300 is in the realm of being acceptable) or support (Nintendo still has to release games on the Switch regardless of monopoly or not) 

Thanks. To clarify I wasn't saying you were wrong. Just wanted your opinion.

DonFerrari said:

The best bet is just to ride the PS4 train out and make PS5 a hybrid in my opinion. Which is funny, because I actually thought for the last few months that making a straight handheld would serve them well. It really depends ... with the PSP and Vita there was too many problems from Sony.

I wouldn't like a PS5 being hibrid... and when I said PSVita with full PS4 library I was giving an example, meaning that on launch of PS5 we also get a handheld and or a hibrid that can play PS5 games with some acceptable compromise (akin to what Switch have and PSVita was supposed to have)

So you want Sony to have a handheld that has the exact same library as the PS5 but be compromised? 

I mean ... that could work .... but they'd sell it only in Japan pretty much. I'd rather Sony try to go all in or not play at all, that was the problem with the Vita to begin with.

Around the Network
flashfire926 said:
Azuren said:

So this is a dick move, while Sony moneyhatting Monster hunter away from Nintendo isn't? What about Modern warfare remastered standalone launching on PS4 earlier, even though the game was already finished for Xbone as well? What about all those cod and destiny deal where Sony locks out content from Xbox and pc? Xbox users have to pay the same $60, but for less content than the PS4 version. Meanwhile PUBG will be the exact same experience on PlayStation, just a bit later.  All these posts talk like Sony has never done anything like this ever.

Has that ever been confirmed?

flashfire926 said:
Azuren said:

Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft are businesses trying to take your money. People need to stop acting like this companies are their friends doing them favours. I don't like exclusive content either but wake up people...

I didn't interpret it to be that way ...

fatslob-:O said:

I didn't interpret it to be that way ...

I just assumed that when you were explaining why a monopoly isn't always bad, that you might have thought I was saying you were wrong  

DonFerrari said:
flashfire926 said:

Nope the Order isn't worth 60 because it's a bad game. That doesn't make WiiU games AAA, neither the Wii games... care to look at their budgets and sales? Because I'm quite sure a lot of users here told devs to learn with Nintendo how to use little cash to make big sales.

Compare the budget of Zelda with Horizon, Mario with Uncharted and look how far they are.

In that case, Nintendo games being overpriced is completely your opinion. Most people who buy their are satisfied with the game they got for $60, and don't give a shit about what the budget of the game was. They only care about the fact that they got their money's worth.

Also there is no way BOTW and Odyssey aren't AAA. Both of them look to have a bigger budget than stuff like Street Fighter V and Overwatch, along with other games that get classed as AAA without hesitation.

Bet with Intrinsic: