By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. October bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Nuvendil said:
xl-klaudkil said:

It definitely  is, 450-300 is just to expensive  4 years into its life.

RJ_Sizzle said:

It's definitely time to pull the trigger. Sony seems more concerned with trying to milk profits than staying competitive. New challengers have entered the picture. Can't just sit pretty anymore. The money will be made back by getting people into the ecosystem. I remember last gen when Xbox 360 had a LARGE gap in units in the US ahead of Sony, and they still reacted to Sony's price cuts. $449 for a PS pro does nothing for marketshare.

And yet they're sales are still up year on year and still beating all opponents globally on a regular basis and standing toe to toe with the Switch in the States.  And as someone already pointed out, PS4 charting positions here are not unusual for the time, the Switch is just way higher than is typical.  

You people keep crying out that the market is saturated and it's too expensive but all actual evidence says otherwise. 

Globally, they're fine. But they do need to be more competitive in Japan and the US, especially since it's going to be a while before the hot 2018 titles arrive. There's nothing wrong with wanting growth. You can't just rest on your laurels either. "Oh, we're still doing great in Europe, etc" really isn't a strategy. It may be toe to toe with Switch in the states now, but the Switch's trajectory is only going to go up. Especially once it starts getting a foothold and more third parties get tempted.

That's not to say Playstation is in any danger of being sunk, but you'd think they'd keep the momentum up in the face of competition. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
X1Gates said:

I said this a while back and I was laughed at. PS4 has reached its market cap. The PRO could have helped but the half-step did nothing to draw in gamers. 

What reality to you live it? If THREE PS4 Pros in the top 100 (highest at 47/ higher price) is doing NOTHING to draw in gamers, what is having ONE XB1 in the top 100 (at 62/ lower price)? You are definitely Crapgamer.

But he's funny .

market cap lol

5 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#08 NS Grey (up 1)
#18 NS Mario (up 1)
#19 SNES Classic (up 4)
#22 NS Neon 
(down 6)
#41 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 1)
#55 PS4 Pro Star Wars LE (down 8)*
#62 PS4 Pro (up 19)
#68 XB1 
(down 6)
#94 PS4 COD (up 3)*

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
#01 NS Super Mario Odyssey (same)
#11 NS Fire Emblem Warriors (up 3)

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 4 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 1 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  3 in the top 100 / 3 in the top 50 / 3 in the top 20 / 2 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

The PS5 Exists. 

Marth said:
SMO overtook Horizon on the yearly chart and is now in the top 10!
I wonder how many gift cards can it beat?

That is Awesome! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
celador said:
market cap lol

5 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#08 NS Grey (same)
#16 SNES Classic (up 3)
#18 NS Mario 
(same)
#27 NS Neon (down 5)
#39 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 2)
#61 PS4 Pro (up 1)
#68 XB1 (same)
#71 PS4 Pro Star Wars LE (down 16)*
#83 PS4 COD 
(up 11)*

#01 NS Super Mario Odyssey (same)
#10 NS Fire Emblem Warriors (up 1)

PS4: 4 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 1 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  3 in the top 100 / 3 in the top 50 / 3 in the top 20 / 2 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

The PS5 Exists. 

I don't know why, but whenever I read "Amazon Bestsellers discussion" I just kind of laugh in my head for some reason.

Like .... amazon.

9 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#08 NS Grey (same)
#17 SNES Classic (down 1)
#18 NS Mario (same)
#26 NS Neon (up 1)
#37 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 2)
#67 PS4 Pro (down 6)
#69 XB1 (down 1)
#72 PS4 Pro Star Wars LE (down 1)*
#78 PS4 COD (up 5)*

#01 NS Super Mario Odyssey (same)
#09 NS Fire Emblem Warriors (up 1)

PS4: 4 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 1 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS: 3 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 3 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

X1Gates said:
Pionner said:
All the latest PS4 bundles have been charting very low. I don't know if it's PS4 market saturation at those prices and it needs a price cut.

I said this a while back and I was laughed at. PS4 has reached its market cap. The PRO could have helped but the half-step did nothing to draw in gamers. 

How do you know? There are no numbers that I'm aware of the separate PS4 and PS4 Pro sales. How can anyone other than Sony and retailers know that PS4 Pro sold better one week over standard PS4. The games to be purchased are all the same. The hardware pushes last year are now out of the way. Consumers and gifters who conflicted more of hardware purchase last year can now focus on purchasing games this year.