By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. October bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

F***in' hell! SMO has now overtaken the PS4 on amazon yearly sales and it's not even out yet! That must be some sales already. Next target:-Horizon Zero Dawn.

Around the Network
celador said:
GT Sport up to #11, people must be enjoying the demo

Mario is holding firm still, good to see. Last few 3D titles haven't sold as much as they have deserved

Last few as in 3D world only? 3D land sold 10mil+ and galaxy is the best seller at almost 13mil (unless you meant galaxy 2 which still did a respectable 7mil+)

Mar1217 said:
jason1637 said:

Destiny 2 didn't have lackluster numbers.

It didn't match Destiny 1 by a long shot either.

I thought they had more pre-orders for 2. Or am I wrong? Regardless with the 1.1 or 1.2 million concurrent users online I think it's safe to say it has sold pretty good.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Peach_buggy said:
F***in' hell! SMO has now overtaken the PS4 on amazon yearly sales and it's not even out yet! That must be some sales already. Next target:-Horizon Zero Dawn.

Holy bananas!!!!!! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Mar1217 said:
jason1637 said:

Destiny 2 didn't have lackluster numbers.

We can't say that for certain without know the Digital sales.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Mar1217 said:

It sold half what the first game did at Retail.  I highly, highly, HIGHLY doubt the digital came even close to making that up.  And indications are the game is falling in sales faster than the first one at retail too.

1 day since last update.

HARDWARE:
#7 NS Grey (down 1)
#14 SNES Classic (same)
#17 NS Mario (same)
#36 PS4 Pro Destiny (up 2)
#46 PS4 Slim (up 3)
#57 NS Neon (down 21)
#79 XBO S (up 3)

SOFTWARE (TOP 50 PREORDERS ONLY):
#1 NS Super Mario Odyssey (same)
#8 PS4 South Park: The Fractured but Whole (up 2)
#11 PS4 Gran Turismo Sport (same)
#20 PS4 The Evil Within 2 (down 7)
#23 NS Fire Emblem Warriors (same)
#25 PS4 Call of Duty: WWII (up 2)*
#26 3DS Pokemon Ultra Sun (up 4)*
#31 XBO Call of Duty: WWII (up 6)*
#34 3DS Pokemon Ultra Moon (down 2)*
#35 PS4 Assassin's Creed Origins (same)

Does not affect this month: *

Nuvendil said:
jason1637 said:

It sold half what the first game did at Retail.  I highly, highly, HIGHLY doubt the digital came even close to making that up.  And indications are the game is falling in sales faster than the first one at retail too.

I don't think it matched the first game but I don't think it did that far off from the first game. Destiny is different than other series so I could see it having a higher digital attach rate. The last expansion Rise of Iron was digital only and it made more money than the original game https://gamerant.com/destiny-rise-iron-launch-month-sales/

I just have a hunch that Destiny 2 has a higher digital attach rate. Could be wrong though. 

Nintendo continues to do well on the charts!!!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Oh wow, it looks like Gran Turismo Sport is facing some trouble. I don't think it'll be a huge hit like the other games. GT6 was the beginning of the end for the franchise. Right now it looks like GTS is going to do Tekken 7 numbers (slightly better) from the looks of things.

It's only like in the top 3 in Italy.