By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How large is each fanbase on VGChartz?

Which fanbase are you most a part of?

Nintendo 317 39.28%

Sony 224 27.76%

Microsoft 49 6.07%

PC 34 4.21%

None 10 1.24%

Multiple 102 12.64%

See results 71 8.80%

Total:807

Nintendo and PC

Around the Network
Super_Boom said:
I don't like to label myself, but I suppose it's true that Nintendo holds my interest more. I like Playstation for 3rd parties and some more niche Japanese stuff, but don't really care about their 1st party studios. Have zero interest in Xbox after the 360, and have never felt the need for a gaming PC when the vast majority of what I want is on platforms I already own.

Though I guess lately I've been playing old PSP anime VNs on my Amazon Kindle. I guess you can say I'm in the small Amazon Kindle fanbase here.

One of the reasons I have no interest in handheld consoles is that I take my Kindle if I know I'm going to be waiting somewhere.

Though I haven't heard anything about playing VNs on it ...

If there wasn't too many Sony fans complaining that are too many Nintendo fans in this site, this thread wouldn't be happening so frequently.

We reap what we sow

Wouldn't really classify myself into a certain camp, but it has always been 'Nintendo plus...' with me, though I'm more a fan of series than whole companies. I don't like everything they make. The 'plus' has usually been PlayStation, and PC has been a constant throughout my gaming-life, not due to the platform but because of a small handful of games that became my favorite.

Still, if I had to put it in camps, it's Nintendo primarily, with a PlayStation an PC side-dish.

I think Apple, Google, Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony are all garbage in one way or another.

I align myself with Sony, because Polyphony Digital, Santa Monica, San Diego, Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, and Guerrilla Games have constantly delivered the best experinces in interactive entertainment for the last two decades. Also because they always offer innovative new ways to play every gen (Eye Toy, PS Move, PSVR). However, I absolutely hate the way they have handled their hardware, and their ecosystem. So much wasted potential, in a company that has all the tools to make the most euphoric harmonized marriage of hardware and software we have ever seen.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

As a gamer since PS1 era (Suikoden, legend of legaia days, breathe of fire), I've been a loyal PS only fan. To the point that I would irrationally want to see Xbox destroy itself, for daring to compete against "my Sony".

But then I've realized, that I'm only severely limiting myself. I've found out that I can still enjoy other offerings , even smartphone games, which I always dismissed as a "fad", and a poor substitute to the "real gaming". I even remembered the first time I see myself enjoying "Xbox controlling", I felt that I'm betraying Sony by liking the controller of its competitor. Glad that "I woke", I would never go back to what I was.

Nintendo >>>>>>> MS >>>> PC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sony

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

I am part of the PC gaming master race obviously.

But I also own consoles from all console manufacturers, so I don't play favorites, they all have their Pro's and Con's.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Sony + Nintendo. I have a 360 but I don't use it that much.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Hard to say. I wish I liked PS more, part of me thinks that I just need to give them more of a chance. But a lot of their modern exclusives just look boring or unappealing, and for some reason I've lost interest in Uncharted versus like 4 years ago when I loved it.

Nintendo has won me over with games and interesting hardware but I can't say i'm the biggest fan because a lot of their games I either don't like, haven't played, or find overrated.

PC I really need to start playing more on, and luckily with PUBG i've been doing that a lot this year.

Used to be a fan of Xbox not anymore.

I'd probably go with PC + Switch + PS4, so a fan of all 3. Though really I need to play on all 3 more, especially PC.

Which one did you vote for? I'd always figured that you're a Nintendo only fan based on your posts.