By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September NPD 2017 prediction thread (yes, here we go again)

Which console will sell more

Switch 168 57.73%

PlayStation 4 115 39.52%

Xbox one 8 2.75%

Total:291

Weren't the results for September supposed to be out by now?

Around the Network

^^ that's what I thought as well?

kopstudent89 said:

NPD won't publish their report until next week. The numbers were likely released to private customers, so unless a company's pr wants to brag about how well they did (and Nintendo and Sony tend to stay relatively quiet) we won't get any information until next Thursday. 

Ariakon said:
kopstudent89 said:

NPD won't publish their report until next week. The numbers were likely released to private customers, so unless a company's pr wants to brag about how well they did (and Nintendo and Sony tend to stay relatively quiet) we won't get any information until next Thursday. 

Thanks. Guess we'll have to wait another week. Would've thought Nintendo wanted to brag about the SNES performance!

RolStoppable said:
Ariakon said:

I think NPD's control for public release of data extends to its customers, so nobody is allowed to brag about results before NPD makes their own public release.

You may be right, but I remember Microsoft putting out pr statements a week before the release when the S was doing well last year. 

Around the Network

PS4 will take it just because DLCSTINY launched that month

ps4-> 350k
switch -> 300k
xbox -> 200k

It seems like the Switch have won congrats!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Didn't expect that because of the Destiny launch. I'm pleasantly surprised! .

Can't say i wasn't expecting Switch to win, to be fair this month was very hard to predict.
Let's see the difference now.