By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - In terms of Indies, Nintendo's support is best this year

twintail said:
Portability makes switch a good place for indies.

But it's collection doesn't come close to the other platform tbqh

Pretty much

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
I like Indies on Switch for the portability, but they are pretty pricey compared to steam. IMO an Indie should cost $10, not the $20 - $25 that is getting charged for Shovel Knight and Sonic Mania.

But those prices are the same for every single platform, save the odd exception like Rime....

They aren't though. A game that sells for $15 on PS4 or Switch will cost $5 on Steam. Indies on consoles are often stuck at the exact price they launched for and never go on sale. 

NATO said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

They aren't though. A game that sells for $15 on PS4 or Switch will cost $5 on Steam. Indies on consoles are often stuck at the exact price they launched for and never go on sale. 

(or added free to ps+/gwg)

Free forever or free for a month? 

Cerebralbore101 said:
Nautilus said:

But those prices are the same for every single platform, save the odd exception like Rime....

NATO said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

(or added free to ps+/gwg)

Im talking about launch prices.Going on sale is something that happens on every console, even if steam sales are much better.About PS plus, you have to pay for the service though, so its not exactly free.

Anyways, thats not even the point Im trying to make.And you guys understood what i meant.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

I don't see Switch being better for indies compared to the PS4, XB1 and Steam.

NATO said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Free forever or free for a month? 

For both free as long as your ps+/xblg sub is active.

Ah ok. So if you unsub do you lose those games? Are they gone forever or are they just taken off your account until you resubscribe? 

Agree on the title(for the Switch at least), don't know why I couldn't get my self to buy indies on the 3DS and Vita before, but it just got me buying on the Switch somehow.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid