By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Half a year later... (Switch Fails Revisited)

So it's been about half a year since the Switch launched and we got this video of Switch fails

https://youtu.be/Cb-srOfRqNc

A lot of us were afraid. The Switch dock was scratching the screen. The console was overheating. The Joycons weren't syncing. It was a disaster in the making...or was it?

Did any of you experience any issues? Did your Switch give you AIDS? Was it all blown out of proportion? Discuss.

Around the Network

Like majority of launch console issues I never faced them besides two things. Neither of them being switch.

No AIDS yet, still trying to recover from the cancer though. I learned it cannot hurt me when I leave it off and stored outside of my home.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

My screen got a scratch from the dock 3 weeks ago so i bought a screen protector and just once my joycon desync while playing zelda two months ago, everything else has been fine.

I know... my English sucks.

As with every launch. There's always going be a vocal minority, even more so now with social media bigger than ever.

There's going to be issues with the XBOX, with whatever Playstation is bringing next and so on.

I didnt experience anything with my console, I did however expect the D-pad thing on the Pro Controller. I havnt yet fixed it though since I dont experience much.. I should. Did anyone fix the problem?

Around the Network

Many people was desperated to see Switch failing so they tried to make people believe the launch was a dissaster, many claims were false and that video is just a recopilation of a few cases that was blown out of proportions, is just how gaming comunity is, extremelly toxic, specially when it comes to Nintendo, similar videos about Ps4 and XBO launches are not even close to the 11m visits this has and this was shared everywhere, I saw it a lot on Facebook which was fustrating because people that saw it automatically believed the console was shit, thankfully that didn't really affected the sales of the console at all and people soon started to realize the console didn't really had any problems outside the ocasional desync of one joycon, but that was already solved.

No problems whatsoever with my Switch.

I never got any problems aside from some internet connection issues.

My Switch has frozen on me three times, one of those in game, in the six months I owned it. Seeing that my 3DS never froze on me even once in 5 years I do consider that kind of a high rate.
It's not really a big deal though, especially if it just happens on the home menu or on wake from sleep.

I remember that one time, I put my Switch on the Dock... and the resolution on my TV was incredibly low. Even lower than 480p. It was super pixelated. Fortunately, after turning it off and on it was back to normal. But I was scared as fuck xD