By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Half a year later... (Switch Fails Revisited)

Mine looks about as new as the day I bought it. I did drop it once and the Joycon popped off but it didn't do any damage.

I guess because I watched this video, YouTube assumes I love damaged Switch videos. They recommended some video from this guy who said he keeps his Switch in his back pocket. That it's a portable console so it shouldn't be kept in a case. He said it fell out once at a party and another time when he and his friends were running after a bus. It slid down a sidewalk.

I...I don't even know what to say.

Around the Network

No problems with my Switch except the battery indicator giving false numbers after a full night recharge (was solved after a update).

the only issue is how good it is and how many games I have to play still...

Switch!!!

The screen being scratched is a legitimate issue, don't know about else, at least the issues mentioned in the video.

gcwy said:
The screen being scratched is a legitimate issue, don't know about else, at least the issues mentioned in the video.

I'm not sure but, like my $700 Droid Moto Z Force, I think the Switch has a plastic screen. It makes the screen much more durable and resistant to cracking/shattering but at the same time way more susceptible to superficial scratches. I didn't even take mine off of the dock until I got an $8 screen protector (glass of course!) and a carrying case.

Around the Network

This thread is only for the launch day Switch's? If it isn't, I got mine a month ago and I have no issues at all. Not even a small scratch and I am not extremely careful like some of you that put screen protector or put slowly and gently the system in the dock like you are in the middle of a difficult surgery.

We reap what we sow

160rmf said:
This thread is only for the launch day Switch's? If it isn't, I got mine a month ago and I have no issues at all. Not even a small scratch and I am not extremely careful like some of you that put screen protector or put slowly and gently the system in the dock like you are in the middle of a difficult surgery.

Nah. It's for anybody that has a Switch. I was just curious if any of this stuff happened to "real" people. Not that any of these were staged. Some of these issues took the people in these videos by surprise (unless they're really good actors). I just don't hear about them anymore.

Have had it for a few months. Haven't tried it myself yet, but the kids say it has had no problems. But, they used it for like 3 days and haven't used it much since.

It is near the end of the end....

I never had any problems, nor did anybody I know personally.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~