By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Best The PS4 Has to Offer, To Me

You like list?

Nah Order is on it therefore not good 21 26.25%

yeah good list i agree 59 73.75%

Total:80
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Zekkyou said:

Why does that matter? The PS4 still offers them, and people still buy and enjoy them. Not every list has to be an exclusivity pissing contest.

It's also often helpful information for less informed gamers. The majority of multi-plats aren't on all platforms, and a lot of people won't know which do and don't have certain games (and often only own one system). TW3 is on the PS4, X1, and PC, but not the Switch. Disagea 5 is on the PS4 and Switch, but not the X1 or PC. Nier is on the PS4 and PC, but not the X1 or Switch. You get the idea.

More often that not even multi-plats are something one platform offers over another. I think the list should actually include more lol, there are some really fantastic multi-plat games on the PS4. 

Why does it matter? What gamer coming to VGChartz is going to be like "Oh man ... didn't know DOOM was on PS4!"

Of course if this list had Nier, Persona, or Disgaea that would be fine, because as you said those are semi-exclusives or games that aren't on a majority of platforms. 

But I don't think the list is very helpful with stuff like DOOM or Dishonored 2 ... the list started off pretty strong and then went down from there. 

Generally speaking I go into each thread with the assumption that people make them for an express purpose. Whether that be to entertain, inform, make a compelling argument, etc. If this thread was made just cause "reasons" or because OP just wanted to state what games he liked on his PS4 then that would be fine. But the list kind of puts us under the assumption that it's about what the PS4 specifically has to offer, particularly because of the name.

This list would make a lot more sense if the PS4 had just ended it's life cycle. Like if someone made a list of the best PS3 has to offer and it had a multiplat, that would be fine because it's retrospective of an entire generation. Instead this list isn't : Helpful as a retrospective, helpful as a list of exclusives, helpful as a compelling argument, or helpful in any real way. 

If this is just a list that he made to entertain himself my bad, but the moment someone replies that a post is too long(it was a very short post?) too wrong(it wasn't wrong and he didn't refute it in any way?) or too irriating(okay actually this one's on the money) that's when I'm pretty much just throwing up my arms and saying lol. 

In conclusion, list just doesn't offer much. I think if it was more specific it would be much better. Even if it included third parties. Like a 'My favorite ps4 games and why i like them' or 'what to get in 2017 for ps4' but it's just a list. I'm sure anyone could make a long ass list for any platform, doesn't make for great content though. 

I will at least give props for putting Last Guardian on here. 

This thread was made so people who actually enjoy and have an interest in the PS4 can talk about the best games on the system. You seem to want no part of that.

As for the bolded, I never once said your post was "too long", that's completely made up inside your own head. Seriously, go back and read my post. As for "refuting" your post, all you said was this

Considering this is almost every noteworthy PS4 exclusive or third party game ...

like, duh?

Your list is super long so of course it will represent a lot of what is good on the PS4. 

Also including third party is just lol." 

you said my list was almost every noteworthy exclusive or third party game (like duh) and then you said because my list is long, that's why it will represent what is good on the ps4 (mindfucked). And then you laughed at me including third party games. Nothing to refute. Which is why my response to said post was "irritating, wrong, and useless post."

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Zekkyou said:

Why does that matter? The PS4 still offers them, and people still buy and enjoy them. Not every list has to be an exclusivity pissing contest.

It's also often helpful information for less informed gamers. The majority of multi-plats aren't on all platforms, and a lot of people won't know which do and don't have certain games (and often only own one system). TW3 is on the PS4, X1, and PC, but not the Switch. Disagea 5 is on the PS4 and Switch, but not the X1 or PC. Nier is on the PS4 and PC, but not the X1 or Switch. You get the idea.

More often that not even multi-plats are something one platform offers over another. I think the list should actually include more lol, there are some really fantastic multi-plat games on the PS4. 

This was a great reply. Just thought I'd tell you.

bluedawgs said:

Why does it matter? What gamer coming to VGChartz is going to be like "Oh man ... didn't know DOOM was on PS4!"

Of course if this list had Nier, Persona, or Disgaea that would be fine, because as you said those are semi-exclusives or games that aren't on a majority of platforms. 

But I don't think the list is very helpful with stuff like DOOM or Dishonored 2 ... the list started off pretty strong and then went down from there. 

Generally speaking I go into each thread with the assumption that people make them for an express purpose. Whether that be to entertain, inform, make a compelling argument, etc. If this thread was made just cause "reasons" or because OP just wanted to state what games he liked on his PS4 then that would be fine. But the list kind of puts us under the assumption that it's about what the PS4 specifically has to offer, particularly because of the name.

This list would make a lot more sense if the PS4 had just ended it's life cycle. Like if someone made a list of the best PS3 has to offer and it had a multiplat, that would be fine because it's retrospective of an entire generation. Instead this list isn't : Helpful as a retrospective, helpful as a list of exclusives, helpful as a compelling argument, or helpful in any real way. 

If this is just a list that he made to entertain himself my bad, but the moment someone replies that a post is too long(it was a very short post?) too wrong(it wasn't wrong and he didn't refute it in any way?) or too irriating(okay actually this one's on the money) that's when I'm pretty much just throwing up my arms and saying lol. 

In conclusion, list just doesn't offer much. I think if it was more specific it would be much better. Even if it included third parties. Like a 'My favorite ps4 games and why i like them' or 'what to get in 2017 for ps4' but it's just a list. I'm sure anyone could make a long ass list for any platform, doesn't make for great content though. 

I will at least give props for putting Last Guardian on here. 

This thread was made so people who actually enjoy and have an interest in the PS4 can talk about the best games on the system. You seem to want no part of that.

As for the bolded, I never once said your post was "too long", that's completely made up inside your own head. Seriously, go back and read my post. As for "refuting" your post, all you said was this

Considering this is almost every noteworthy PS4 exclusive or third party game ...

like, duh?

Your list is super long so of course it will represent a lot of what is good on the PS4. 

you said my list was almost every noteworthy exclusive or third party game (like duh) and then you said because my list is long, that's why it will represent what is good on the ps4 (mindfucked). And then you laughed at me including third party games. Nothing to refute. Which is why my response to said post was "irritating, wrong, and useless post."

Yeah, I was wrong about the "long" part actually. Guess I read wrong and long lol 

I obviously have an interest in the platform. There's a lot of good games on it. Just questioned the point of the thread, and your response was to say I was irriatating and wrong without refuting any of my points. Which I would say is quite defensive.

I don't agree with Zekkyou either but at least he/she made a counter-point. It's clear though that people think i'm in the wrong, so w/e 

bluedawgs said:

like, duh?

Yeah, I was wrong about the "long" part actually. Guess I read wrong and long lol 

I obviously have an interest in the platform. There's a lot of good games on it. Just questioned the point of the thread, and your response was to say I was irriatating and wrong without refuting any of my points. Which I would say is quite defensive.

I don't agree with Zekkyou either but at least he/she made a counter-point. It's clear though that people think i'm in the wrong, so w/e 

What could you possibly be disagreeing with?

I think its a pretty good list. There are some games i would add , but they're more niche. Like the Digimon games.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

Around the Network

That list needs Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep. Also, it's not a remaster. :D

The Witcher 3 is a Top Ten game of all time...it's like the 2nd or 3rd best PS4 game.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Missing Knack thought.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Cool list. I largely ag... *sees "The Order 1886"

4 ≈ One