By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction time: MH World

My first prediction thread here I think, so I'll do 2 predictions about this much talked about game.

#1  Monster Hunter World will be the biggest selling game in the franchise ever, record currently held by the PSP Game MHP3 at 4.9 Million

#2 In Japan only, PS4 Monster Hunter World will outsell 3DS Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon

A couple of Bold Predictions, who agrees?

Around the Network

Your predictions are crazy. Anyway the last home console Monster hunter was Tri. 

Tri sold
2.2 Million WW
1 million in Japan.
0.65 million in the U.S
0.40 million in Europe

My money is  between 2.5 million to 3 million. I think it will be closer to 2.5 million.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Monster Hunter World, will in the best case scenario, outsell MHTri on Wii. That's it. It won't come close to any handheld iteration.

It would need to sell over 3 million to outsell Pokémon. With 5 million PS4s in Japan, that seems kinda unlikely...

Around the Network

Joke thread?

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Somewhere between 2 and 2.5 million. 1.5 on PlayStation, 700k on PC and less than 400k on Xbox

I predict 2 million on PS4 and 600k on XBO + PC. So about 2.6 million.

Ok well a third version Pokémon game has much easier sales to overcome, especially this late in the life cycle but will be a good enough challenge, because it has potential to reach 2 million which very likely is not happening for Monster Hunter World in Japan which is also the reason it's sales won't be the best ever, even if it is a multiplat. I also expect expanded versions to do worse than normal which puts it even more of a decline compared to Monster Hunter 4 and 4 Ulimate.

It'll do decent (around 2-3 million possibly) but still a decline in sales.

Being sarcastic? Because LMAO!

But hey! It could be another Splatoon on the Wii U? xD

2mil Max in Japan. 4mil Max WW

Pocky Lover Boy!