By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will this be the last console Gen for Microsoft?

With all strong XBOX IPs available on PC, the stimulus to buy one Scorpio will be very low + the most expensive console. If it ends up selling very poorly, will MS abandon the console market and only provide their IPs PC/Windows?

Around the Network

I don't think so. The reality is that the Xbox One's sales are still not disastrous.

Considering Microsoft is the only company successfully doing the Steambox/Ouya/Atari box strategy successfully, probably not.

The Scorpio reminds me the Steam Machines which were meant to be a kind console-ish-PC and failed miserably because all Steam users are very happy on PC.

I've been saying for months now that they are slowly exiting the market to focus on PC gaming.

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
I've been saying for months now that they are slowly exiting the market to focus on PC gaming.

Aside from software sales and OS sales how would they make as much from PC gaming as they do on consoles? I mean don't get me wrong I'm a strong advicate for PC being a healthy platform but unless you develop hardware or have a store as popular as Steam you'd get less money then you do from selling overpriced TV boxes

Yes. Microsoft is done with generations so they will be stuck in 8th gen for their next few consoles.

Its going to reach over 50% of The 360. Why would they give up?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Considering Microsoft is the only company successfully doing the Steambox/Ouya/Atari box strategy successfully, probably not.

Kinda this. I don't think they'll exit the console market soon, it'll just continue becoming an extension of their Windows aspirations.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Aside from software sales and OS sales how would they make as much from PC gaming as they do on consoles? I mean don't get me wrong I'm a strong advicate for PC being a healthy platform but unless you develop hardware or have a store as popular as Steam you'd get less money then you do from selling overpriced TV boxes

I'm curious as to why you think the Xbox One is overpriced. 

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.