By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to make a wii-like controller for the 360...

Yeah but... Nintendo copied Sony's idea for CD-based games right?

Around the Network
Supposed said:

but didn't Sony copied that from Sega?

pichu_pichu said:
Supposed said:

but didn't Sony copied that from Sega?

Sega copied it from the PC!

kn said:
11ht11 said:
kingofwale said:
kn said:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nf/20080408/tc_nf/59164

I wondered how long this was going to take. Sony tried it at launch but didn't have enough time to really flesh it out. Microsoft, on the other hand, has obviously put some effort into it... Wow.

Are you calling this "Wii-like controller"??

Having motion sensor feature doesn't mean it's Wii-like. it just lacks rubmle

but still it used "motion sensing" controls

wiimote=motion sensing

Ok, so, yeah, um... Sony didn't push the motion contol into the controller after they learned about the "revolution". Riiiiight....

Then Nintendo must have copied the stylus on the DS from a palm pilot and motion sensoring from old plugNplay standalone games that are usually sold in a Mall stand? yea...Damn Sony and their copying ways!

Seems like a desperate attempt :/

Around the Network

lol, just speculation

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Million said:
Since when did motion sensing become synonymous with the Wii (K, proly since it's launch but that's beside the point)

The technology has been around since forever so I believe anyone should be able to make use of it.

It is obvious that Sony tried to copy Nintendo because it was a last minute feature that they tacked on poorly. It was really stupid to sacrifice rumble for a lame version of motion sensing.

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

Nintendo Zealot said:
Million said:
Since when did motion sensing become synonymous with the Wii (K, proly since it's launch but that's beside the point)

The technology has been around since forever so I believe anyone should be able to make use of it.

It is obvious that Sony tried to copy Nintendo because it was a last minute feature that they tacked on poorly. It was really stupid to sacrifice rumble for a lame version of motion sensing.

purely speculation at best. Where was the incentive for Sony to copy Nintendo at that time?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Nintendo didn't come up with the idea of motion sensing, but they were the first company to put it into practical use that worked well. Now if they hadn't done that, would Sony or Microsoft EVER put motion sensing into a controller? probably not. The only reason there is PS3 motion control is because Nintendo implemented it first.

Same with an anlog stick on the controller, did Nintendo invent analog? no, but they were the first to implement it into a console that worked great, Then Sony promptly released Dualshock with their own analog sticks.

That, IMO is blatant copying.

Look everyone it works both ways. Somebody popularizes something and others follow if it works.

Microsoft popularized online console gaming, Sony promptly followed and Nintendo is pretending to try it out.

Nintendo popularized motion sensing control, Sony promptly followed and Microsoft is pretending to try it out.

There's a thousand of these to nitpick around. Your favorite console maker will not always be the first to figure out something that works well. 

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.