By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - *Disrespecting the flag* Trump's speech + Rules.

It's up to us gamers to start a conspiracy to assassinate the president, it's clear he is being controlled by some sort of alien human hybrid bent on destroying these United-States of Murica. If you want to participate in this necessary step for human freedom post on my wall, but only do so if you are not part of a federal law enforcement agency, because if you are then that's entrapment and you cannot arrest me for it.

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
Harkins1721 said:
IkePoR said:

What does that have to do with what's said in this thread?  If anyone's spinning it's you.

Alright tough guy. Calm your tats please. Ready to attack arent you?

Because Trump said get those SOB's off the field. And the news twisted his words. People have the right to stand or sit. It doesnt harm me. I have plenty of friends and family in the miltary so I do it for them not for me. Im not exactly religious yet I hold my hand over my heart and respect "In God We Trust", and respect the flag and what it means for this country.

Guess what? Not everyone does. I don't need a flag or some anthem to help fellow Americans. People should be allowed to disagree and kneel without having the president of all people calling them sons of bitches

Maybe Trump should get his head out of his ass and care about issues besides sports. For fuck's sake, when did Obama devote his time whining about conservatives or players who despise him?

Harkins1721 said:
IkePoR said:

What does that have to do with what's said in this thread?  If anyone's spinning it's you.

Because Trump said get those SOB's off the field. And the news twisted his words. People have the right to stand or sit. It doesnt harm me. I have plenty of friends and family in the miltary so I do it for them not for me. Im not exactly religious yet I hold my hand over my heart and respect "In God We Trust", and respect the flag and what it means for this country.

I ask a simple question and you respond with projection.  Alright, nice to know what I'm dealing with here.

Bolded: Again - what does that have to do with what anyone has said in this thread?  Yes, you believe that happened, but it's irrelevant.  How do you not see how this is doing exactly what you're critisizing the media of?  This is quintesential stawmanning because you don't like the point that was made here.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Some snowflakes get triggered when you don't respect them I guess.

monocle_layton said:
Harkins1721 said:

Guess what? Not everyone does. I don't need a flag or some anthem to help fellow Americans. People should be allowed to disagree and kneel without having the president of all people calling them sons of bitches

Maybe Trump should get his head out of his ass and care about issues besides sports. For fuck's sake, when did Obama devote his time whining about conservatives or players who despise him?

Yeah congratz. I have no issue with people sitting or standing. I dont need more politics for the things I watch. Everyday and everywhere now its ridiculous. Trump needs to focus on the US and football players focus on football. Dont attack one person and not the other. 

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Also, I don't see why it's bad to "disrespect" the flag? People always complain about protesters getting violent, getting a flag and destroying it is much less of a risk that I guess could help release anger and frustration.

Flags are symbols which can represent things like a certain ideology, culture/political values, etc. People don't burn flags just because, they do it to send a message.

Leadified said:
VGPolyglot said:
Also, I don't see why it's bad to "disrespect" the flag? People always complain about protesters getting violent, getting a flag and destroying it is much less of a risk that I guess could help release anger and frustration.

Flags are symbols which can represent things like a certain ideology, culture/political values, etc. People don't burn flags just because, they do it to send a message.

I didn't say it didn't represent anything, I'm saying that it doesn't hurt anyone.

It's a piece of cloth that deserves no respect. I'm not American, but the same goes for my country's flag as well. Too bad I think the law says certain things about how the flag must be treated here.

Also, I approve of this thread. Also reminds me of the Bible, from which people seem to often take only the parts that fit their views.

IkePoR said:
Harkins1721 said:

I ask a simple question and you respond with projection.  Alright, nice to know what I'm dealing with here.

Bolded: Again - what does that have to do with what anyone has said in this thread?  Yes, you believe that happened, but it's irrelevant.  How do you not see how this is doing exactly what you're critisizing the media of?  This is quintesential stawmanning because you don't like the point that was made here.

Accept I didnt spin anything. Trump attacks athletes for "disrpecting" the flag. In his mind not standing is disrpecting and wants them fired. I dont think they should be fired but I guess it sort of is disrpectful. But whatever it is your right to stand or sit. Again I dont care. Id just rather it not be everywhere. Its at home, work and now every damn channel. Anyways back to my point. Trump attacks athletes and calls them SOB's and that turns into a racial matter because 90% of the news likes to spin Trumps words. Trump brings his own hate but the news adds more and its not needed. 

What dont I like exactly? Am I not able to express my opinion on the flag and the matter that follows it?

EDIT: I do apologize for "projecting" to you. I could have explained my point much better in the first post. I thought I typed more than I did.

Harkins1721 said:
IkePoR said:

Accept I didnt spin anything. Trump attacks athletes for "disrpecting" the flag. In his mind not standing is disrpecting and wants them fired. I dont think they should be fired but I guess it sort of is disrpectful. But whatever it is your right to stand or sit. Again I dont care. Id just rather it not be everywhere. Its at home, work and now every damn channel. Anyways back to my point. Trump attacks athletes and calls them SOB's and that turns into a racial matter because 90% of the news likes to spin Trumps words. Trump brings his own hate but the news adds more and its not needed. 

What dont I like exactly? Am I not able to express my opinion on the flag and the matter that follows it?

EDIT: I do apologize for "projecting" to you. I could have explained my point much better in the first post. I thought I typed more than I did.

haha, you really think it is the media that is spinning this into a racial matter?? That's cute.

Have you not paid any attention at all to why these people are kneeling during the anthem? Let me fill you in: racism. Trump is attacking people, calling them SOBs (the president of the US calling people SOBs - let that just sink in for a moment, think about how low the presidency has sunk into the gutters this year), because some ball players feel they are standing up against racial inequality and oppression. To be clear: Trump is attacking people who are trying to stand up again racism, these people are basically all black people. It takes no spin the put this in the realm of racism on the part of Trump. Just print his words, as the media always does, and the wretchedness of Trump displays itself.