By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid: Samus Returns is FANTASTIC so What's Next for 2D Metroid?

What should Metroid 5 be?

2D 38 26.95%

2.5D 40 28.37%

3D 25 17.73%

4D 38 26.95%

Total:141
Proxy-Pie said:
The mainline series is 2D. I want Metroid 5 as soon as possible!

Around the Network

The mailine series should go first person, too.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Snoorlax said:

recent titles that were released like 10 years ago and have become irrelevant ever since a few years after release.

Nuts and Bolts was received with huge dissapointment by BK fans and Viva Piñata was a fun casual game yet nothing really happened with it other than a few sequels which didnt have the same impact and a tv series which died off quick Kameo Elements of Power is another game that had potential yet nothing happened with it and Perfect Dark Zero released and was never heard of again.

The only reasons Rare is still alive is because of Kinect, Kinect Sports and nostalgia > Rare Replay.

Disagree.
I have enjoyed all their titles (Except for the Kinect rubbish) since they broke the tether with Ninty.

Sea of Thieves might be a success... It might not. Either way I'll buy it eventually.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Metallox said:
The mailine series should go first person, too.

No.

I personally would love to see the Metroid Dread story done in the Samus Returns style, though on the Switch so that it could have better graphics.

Around the Network
BerriJammi said:
I personally would love to see the Metroid Dread story done in the Samus Returns style, though on the Switch so that it could have better graphics.

Agreed.

The more core Metroid games on Switch, the better.

I love all the Prime games, but I wouldn't want the core series going first person without some way for 2D games to keep being produced as well. Both Prime style and 2D games are fantastic, and I'd be extremely sad to lose either.

MTZehvor said:
I love all the Prime games, but I wouldn't want the core series going first person without some way for 2D games to keep being produced as well. Both Prime style and 2D games are fantastic, and I'd be extremely sad to lose either.

With Nintendo unifying their home and handheld libraries this is definitely going to be interesting. Ever since Prime, 3D Metroid was for consoles and 2D Metroid for handhelds. I think both 3D (prime series) and 2.5D (core series) Metroid would be a good fit for console especially on Switch.

t's the same thing with 2D & 3D Zelda... Did Breath of the Wild mark the standard for future Zelda games? Or will Nintendo cop out and release another handheld system to continue the 2D/bird view games.