By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Off-Screen Nintendo Switch DOOM Footage

Arminillo said:
Random_Matt said:

Device is irrelevant, 720P is a push for me.

1080P is minimum for me to be honest, but my laptop is 3K and never want to go back to 1080P.

To not be able to play any system that came out before the most current generation must be a sad life.

I do, that's fine. Thats what they were back then.

Switch is underpowered for 2017, has nothing to do with your retro statement.

Around the Network

While 60fps is definitely the right way to go with this kind of games, not only is better to have it at 30fps than don't have it at all, but also games played on handheld tend to be way more forgiving with framerate, many PSP games run at 20fps and most people didn't even noticed.

OTBWY said:
Some people can be so sad over fps. That is what gaming has come down to it seems.

I for one, will be supporting Doom, Wolfenstein II and Skyrim on the Switch.

So people are not allowed to dislike low FPS? Get outta here, some individuals have higher standards in regards to performance.

30FPS is really a bummer, but what's important now here is that it should be running always at a rock-solid rate, most preferably. But if you have already played Doom, then there's not point in grabbing this. Not my case, though, I'll gladly buy it if it turns out to be just as it sounds so far.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

I am impressed. I'll keep playing the game at 100+ fps. But seeing it run on a handheld is cool.

Around the Network

looks pretty impressive to me.  appears darn good looking and smooth.  I'm in.  haven't played a Doom or Quake game in ages.  Loved me some Quake and Quake 2 on N64!

30fps? Pass :(

Random_Matt said:
OTBWY said:
Some people can be so sad over fps. That is what gaming has come down to it seems.

I for one, will be supporting Doom, Wolfenstein II and Skyrim on the Switch.

So people are not allowed to dislike low FPS? Get outta here, some individuals have higher standards in regards to performance.

Where in my comment did I say that people are not allowed to do as such? You get outta here.

Also I don't care, I have the game on PC already with the ability to play it max settings, but I will double dip for the sake of support. I can afford it.

These are my specs if you're not convinced: https://ibb.co/cacQJk

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Sucks that it isn't 60 but I will not hesitate to say I am impressed by the fact that the game runs on the Switch at all.

Bethesda, take my money.

KLAMarine said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Sucks that it isn't 60 but I will not hesitate to say I am impressed by the fact that the game runs on the Switch at all.

Bethesda, take my money.

It's really a double edged sword. On the one hand I'm very surprised and glad this can run on the Switch. On the other ... it compromises the game and it pegs down the Switch's power argument a tad too much for my liking. After expecting games to run at 60fps on PS4 ... i'd also feel like kind of a hypocrite to not do the same with Switch. Even with context. Just feels sad that people who buy this version can't experience 60. To be fair I was probably not going to buy this anyways, I have it on PC and haven't finished it. I also expected Wolfenstein 2 to run at 30 already. I just hope Wolfenstein 2 runs well on PC, the first ran like shit