By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's Stock: Values Keep Rising

mundus6 said:
Funny thing is that Sony Computer Entertainment is actually making more money than Nintendo. The reason Sony is smaller is because the rest of the company is bleeding money.

Oh really?  I could have sworn they sold their computer (Vaio) division off.

On 4 February 2014, Sony announced that it would sell its Vaio PC business due to poor sales. In March 2014, it was announced that Japan Industrial Partners had purchased the Vaio division. The sale was closed on 1 July 2014

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaio

So what computers are Sony Computer Entertainment actually selling?  Smartphones?

Around the Network
mundus6 said:
Funny thing is that Sony Computer Entertainment is actually making more money than Nintendo. The reason Sony is smaller is because the rest of the company is bleeding money.

This year all divisions are doing fine or at least not bleading

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

sethnintendo said:
mundus6 said:

Oh really?  I could have sworn they sold their computer (Vaio) division off.

On 4 February 2014, Sony announced that it would sell its Vaio PC business due to poor sales. In March 2014, it was announced that Japan Industrial Partners had purchased the Vaio division. The sale was closed on 1 July 2014

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaio

So what computers are Sony Computer Entertainment actually selling?  Smartphones?

Sony Computer Entertainment is the old name of the Playstation division. Earlier this year it changed name to Sony Interactive Entertainment. It had nothing to do with their actual computer business, which was indeed Vaio.

I was probably thinking too much like a gamer and not an investor, but I remember investing further in Nintendo about a 1.5 years after Wii launch and taking a hit. The hype was still pretty high, the system was still outstripping expectations and gamers were still waiting for the bubble to "burst".

Luckily I also owned a chunk from the GameCube era which earned something like 200% so I did okay.

I wouldn't say it's too late to get in on Switch now, but I am more cautious than last time. Should have bought some when this thread kicked off. :)

So, is it still above Sony?

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
So, is it still above Sony?

Yes, Nintendo stocks are above Sonys.

http://finance.google.com/finance?q=OTCMKTS:NTDOY

http://finance.google.com/finance?q=NYSE%3ASNE&ei=gJ4cWsnQB86O0QTX96OYCQ

2% Nikkei drop today, maybe worth looking at the action tonight (today ur time).

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Miyamotoo said:
Kerotan said:

Very well said. Terrible time to invest.

Nintendo stocks are currently highest in past 9 years, only time when were higher was during Wii best years 2007/2008, so if you invested money in Nintendo stocks when Soundwave made that post, you would have nice profit now. You will have profit even if you invest now, because we are at start of holiday season and stocks will go only higher and Nintendo will have great Holiday season and Q4 sales.

tbone51 said:
Kerotan said:

I don't think you understand. If I invest 100k of my money now s not a good time to invest in Nintendo. They are the type of company that goes up a lot, then drops a lot. 

Not right now per say. Its going up. Itll probably even go much higher by end of Jan. I got money inside and it keeps growing. (I bought it at $19 per share)

sethnintendo said:

Anyone that thinks Nintendo stock has peaked already is dumb.  Hell, the holiday quarter results are still far away from being posted.

megaman79 said:
2% Nikkei drop today, maybe worth looking at the action tonight (today ur time).

Well folks looks like it's after dropping a fair bit.  So if invested 50k of my money like you guys were crying I'd now be sweating hoping that isn't a peak that it might not but for years. 

I think it will recover but it just shows you the danger in investing when the value is at such a high. 

Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:

Nintendo stocks are currently highest in past 9 years, only time when were higher was during Wii best years 2007/2008, so if you invested money in Nintendo stocks when Soundwave made that post, you would have nice profit now. You will have profit even if you invest now, because we are at start of holiday season and stocks will go only higher and Nintendo will have great Holiday season and Q4 sales.

tbone51 said:

Not right now per say. Its going up. Itll probably even go much higher by end of Jan. I got money inside and it keeps growing. (I bought it at $19 per share)

sethnintendo said:

Anyone that thinks Nintendo stock has peaked already is dumb.  Hell, the holiday quarter results are still far away from being posted.

megaman79 said:

Well folks looks like it's after dropping a fair bit.  So if invested 50k of my money like you guys were crying I'd now be sweating hoping that isn't a peak that it might not but for years. 

I think it will recover but it just shows you the danger in investing when the value is at such a high. 

Lol, 2% is nothing, stocks will keep rusing during holiday season despite that fall of 2%. And like we wrote, so if you invested money in Nintendo stocks when Soundwave made that post, you would have nice profit now. You will have profit even if you invest now, because we are at start of holiday season and stocks will go only higher and Nintendo will have great Holiday season and Q4 sales.

Miyamotoo said:
Kerotan said:

Lol, 2% is nothing, stocks will keep rusing during holiday season despite that fall of 2%. And like we wrote, so if you invested money in Nintendo stocks when Soundwave made that post, you would have nice profit now. You will have profit even if you invest now, because we are at start of holiday season and stocks will go only higher and Nintendo will have great Holiday season and Q4 sales.

Yeah yeah yeah. I'm interested in long term investments not cashing out a week later and Nintendo stock is a horrible bet to make.  There's a good chance if I buy at the peak this year my investment would be a loss over the coming years. 

You're obviously very inexperience in the money making business or else you're letting your live for nintendo cloud your judgement.