By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo switch announced for South Korea

d21lewis said:
North Korea doesn't get it until they cool it with the nuclear stuff. That'll learn 'em.

Yeah! Why give them Switch units that would just get bombed when there is such shortages.

Around the Network

This is noice. It's funny .... I'm almost envious. The launch of the Switch in Korea is WAY BETTER than the american launch x'D All those titles!

What the hell, no Breath of the Wild?

Well, is it at least launching with Super Mario Odyssey?

Odd that ARMS and BotW aren't on that list. Nice for them though since they're getting Zenobreid 2 on its official launch date along with the rest of us.

Darwinianevolution said:
TheBraveGallade said:

didn't you read what I just said? translating is FAR easier to do japanese to korean than japanese to english. hell, google translate is pretty accurate with this from my expirience.

Monster Hunter XX Switch ver. is literally just an upgraded port of Monster Hunter X on the 3DS. Monster Hunter X was released in the West with the name Monster Hunter Generations. And Monster Hunter Generations was translated and fully localized in english (hell, according to https://www.nintendo.es/Juegos/Nintendo-3DS/Monster-Hunter-Generations-1090846.html it was translated to english, spanish, french, german and italian). There is no reason why they couldn't just copypaste the texts already translated to the Switch version. But if they aren't going to do it, why is Korea an exception?

Actually, you are incorrect. MHXX is An upgraded port of MH XX on 3DS, which was never localized. XX is to Generations as 4 Ultimate is to 4.

You can't just copy and paste because they actually do have a lot of different text. Now, it would be easier to localize it because some parts are similar, but that's not what I'm addressing.MHXX is NOT Generations. It's actually Generations 2.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network

Why not Super Zelda, though? Switch is Zelda and Zelda is Switch, even if Japanese people say no. Doesn't make sense to release the console without it.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Paatar said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Monster Hunter XX Switch ver. is literally just an upgraded port of Monster Hunter X on the 3DS. Monster Hunter X was released in the West with the name Monster Hunter Generations. And Monster Hunter Generations was translated and fully localized in english (hell, according to https://www.nintendo.es/Juegos/Nintendo-3DS/Monster-Hunter-Generations-1090846.html it was translated to english, spanish, french, german and italian). There is no reason why they couldn't just copypaste the texts already translated to the Switch version. But if they aren't going to do it, why is Korea an exception?

Actually, you are incorrect. MHXX is An upgraded port of MH XX on 3DS, which was never localized. XX is to Generations as 4 Ultimate is to 4.

You can't just copy and paste because they actually do have a lot of different text. Now, it would be easier to localize it because some parts are similar, but that's not what I'm addressing.MHXX is NOT Generations. It's actually Generations 2.

So it seems. Considering he amount of MH games Capcom has released for the 3DS in such amount of time, I must have mistook these. My apologies for the misunderstanding. Still doesn't answer my question, why is Korea getting a translation when the West isn't? I mean, besides of the notion of MH World trying to convince the western market.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
Paatar said:

So it seems. Considering he amount of MH games Capcom has released for the 3DS in such amount of time, I must have mistook these. My apologies for the misunderstanding. Still doesn't answer my question, why is Korea getting a translation when the West isn't? I mean, besides of the notion of MH World trying to convince the western market.

Honestly it probably is because it's quicker and cheaper. Which again doesn't make sense because it would do much better in the West than in South Korea.

Capcom just makes dumb decisions. There really is not another explanation for it tbh. One of them being announcing World before the release of XX. If they hadn't done that, XX sales on the Switch would be much better.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Paatar said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Honestly it probably is because it's quicker and cheaper. Which again doesn't make sense because it would do much better in the West than in South Korea.

Capcom just makes dumb decisions. There really is not another explanation for it tbh. One of them being announcing World before the release of XX. If they hadn't done that, XX sales on the Switch would be much better.

To be fair, there was *no* convenient time to announce Worlds. 

d21lewis said:
North Korea doesn't get it until they cool it with the nuclear stuff. That'll learn 'em.

The people shouldn't be punished for the leaders mistakes. Kim Jong-un should be the only one missing out and needs to sit in the naughty corner for 10 whole minutes....