By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is PSP3/Vita 2 actually a thing?

PSP3 / Vita 2

Never ever 121 54.50%

Meh 32 14.41%

Long ways off 41 18.47%

Sooner than expected! 28 12.61%

Total:222

Nintendo already released it. It is called the switch.

Around the Network

God i hope not and I actually like both of those systems

I've already made the prediction that sometime in the 2020s we will see a portable PS5. The handheld would be a machine that's 4x less powerful than the console, and it would play the entire library at 4x lower resolution (900/1080p). It differs from the Switch in that it'll be 2 different devices that play the same games.

One of the main things Sony will focus next gen is scalability. A regular PS5, PS5 Pro, and probably a PS5 Go will be on offer.

Nice would be a ps4 portable.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Turkish said:
I've already made the prediction that sometime in the 2020s we will see a portable PS5. The handheld would be a machine that's 4x less powerful than the console, and it would play the entire library at 4x lower resolution (900/1080p). It differs from the Switch in that it'll be 2 different devices that play the same games.

One of the main things Sony will focus next gen is scalability. A regular PS5, PS5 Pro, and probably a PS5 Go will be on offer.

Spot on. Scalability is key. I hope you are right.

I would personally love to see PS Phone and PS ES (Elevated Standards) form factors added to the PlayStation line up. The perfect mobile device, and the ultimate home media component/PC.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network
Turkish said:

MS will easily be able to make a home console far more powerful than that and take over the traditional market in that case. 

A "console line" hamstrung by only being able to be 4x more powerful than a mobile component that has to run on a battery is going to be very easy for MS to demolish in performance. 

if it means Freedom Wars 2, then I would want one.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Soundwave said:
Turkish said:

MS will easily be able to make a home console far more powerful than that and take over the traditional market in that case. 

A "console line" hamstrung by only being able to be 4x more powerful than a mobile component that has to run on a battery is going to be very easy for MS to demolish in performance. 

On the contrary, Sony would be able to make a PS4 Portable that's 4x less powerful and one which can play PS4 exclusives at 4x less resolution, right now. The technology is there, only problem is that the games aren't made to scale to lower res, and a handheld with only 360p screen is doomed to fail. The next gen PS5 Pro would also be BC with PS4 games and render them perfectly at their native res.

What I propose is the opposite of hamstrung, it plays to the strengths of each machine. So no, they aren't getting demolished by anyone, and the competition need exclusives in the first place to do that. A Halo 8 or Forza 12 isn't gonna make 100 million people wanna switch brands.

If it happens again, not for a while. They're prob burnt on the Vita not performing as they wanted. Sony has a lot of potential with their handhelds, but it's never fully realized. For ex. the PSP sold as well as the average Nintendo handheld, that's amazing! But at the same time stupid shit like the memory stick, high price, and half the early library being PS2 ports, hurt potential, imo. That and Sony abandoned it after a few years.

The Vita was really nice! Amazing system, but has the worst memory card prices Ive ever seen. And since many of its games are PS3/PS4 ports, the file sizes are massive. So the 4-16gb mem cards aren't even viable if you're download only! You HAVE to use physical with the PSV. Unless youre rich and want 10 downloaded games w/ your $150 fucking 64gb mem card. Fuck that.

As for a PSP/PSV successor. They could do it and be successful, if they wanted. But Sony has made it clear they want to focus on console development and want 3rd parties to support their handhelds. Which, on top of a ridiculously priced mem card, could make the population care less about it

We won't see a dedicated Handheld but a hybrid. I won't be surprised if PS5 will be a hybrid or Sony will announce PS4P in the future. The time of dedicated console is dying.